Simple Man - Sample

• TMV World Legacy Member

I think you have a good voice for this song. There are a few different versions of this song. I am partial to the original by LYNYRD SKYNYRD( because I am old and that is the one I listened to ).

Lynyrd Skynyrd sings a different melody than you were singing.

On the vocals I did not hear anything worth critiquing. It sounded good . The melody was just different from what I am used to hearing.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

that you guys.. I'm trying to improve my voice, and although I agree the Classic version by LS is my favorite, it is also non-challenging to sing.. this version by this guy Brent from shinedown, push the upper midrange to my liking, with full voice power...

However, I have never seen this video before that Ron posted -- only the full band one (studio), that I heard.. he seems to really pull back in this video , especially for the chorus..

Any tips would be great to help out.. And thank you again.. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Watch the video I linked and listen very closely to what he is doing with the vowels. Closed vowels like ee and oo, that is where he gets some soft round sound. Open vowels like ah and shaded toward aw, is where he gets bright enough to shake the wall framing.