Hotel California - The Eagles

• TMV World Legacy Member

I am still in the learning process regarding this song, which i find very challenging. The whole melody revolves arounf F#4 and the challenge is to keep dynamic, energic belts throughout all the song.

I would like to have your comments and advice on how to improve this song.

The quality of the recording could be better ( i use my cam because i am not home ), but this is a one take. Looking forward to see your critique or better, to listen to your own version.

Great rhythm and pitch on this. You've got the feel for this song down very well. And good job maintaining the energy at those higher pitches - nice compression. Your accents shows through heavily on this song, which may or may not be your intention. I know some people work to erase the accent, but that stuff doesn't bother me at all.

Geno,

Thank you for the encouragement (always great to have good feedback from seasoned singers), i think the song is above my singing level but i know well the dynamics because i sang it over and over.

The accent thing is definitely unintended and as such, should be worked on. I am French, and so is generally my audience so i guess nobody noticed it. I will definitely work on that.

Yeah, there is an accent. The phrasing and articulation was good except for one muddy spot. The lyric is "her mind is definitely twisted. She's got the Mercedes-Benz." I don't know if you turned away from the mic, or not.

You have a fuller voice in that area than does Don Henley. So, if you recorded this pro, you would not need near the track doubling and gain boost he needs to put up with his small, dusty voice. You've got plenty of ring, here. And I like how you changed the melody.

But these are picayune things, minor aesthetic notes. On the whole, you did well. And like you said, you are singing for french audiences and are probably singing English better than any of them could.

Tres bon, mon Ami.

Hey guys. Its me, but with another account (i was using the other as a joke but i didn't realize i would be hooked by this forum).

I did a second take with my cam. This is quite rough singing, recorded and performed with what i have in hand hehe

Ron, i checked the lyrics and i get : " her mind is tiffany twisted" instead of " definitely twisted "? I have heard live performances and i am yet not sure about what this line is.

I will be working on my accent, but thats something quite discouraging for me. When i am in an English speaking country, i get quite a good accent, which i immediately lose when i come back to France in a couple of monthes.

Well drinking Corona is not going to help :lol:

Your right its tiffany as in the store Tiffany & Co.

one small thing that may help you is that you seem to be blowing out a lot of air on each phrase and even just some individual words so something you can try is the feeling of holding your breath. you will find that you will feel more of a connection to your diaphragm as you sing the lines this way followed by releasing low when you have to take a breath. Don't forget to keep an open throat.

just my two cents.

J

Jonathan

[url]https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-graham1-0[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/JonathanGrahamTUF[/url]
[url]www.facebook.com/theunnamedfaces[/url]
[url]http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/JonathanGraham[/url]

Thanks for the imput Jonathan. I just finished Vandera's ultimate breathing workout and at some point, he says that the " inhalation sensation " ( feeling like holding the breath while singing ) is something very helpful.

I will keep on training