One more sample: Green Day - Chump

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys, I wanted to post another vocal sample on here to make sure I'm completely satisfied with how my singing sounds. This is a cover of Green Day. My only personal complaint is that I was trying to sound too much like Billie Joe, but that was more or less accidental :rolleyes: Anyway, I would like this to be taken at a high level, because I have been singing in a band for a while now and want to make sure I really have what it takes. Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/guitarersingist/chump-a-capella-demo

This one sounds good to. In isolation, a song like this isn't your typical song to show off a voice. The vocals in this genre are kind of a texture that fits in with the driven guitar and over-the-top drums. It would be cool to hear your vocals mixed in with those other instruments.

This one sounds good to. In isolation, a song like this isn't your typical song to show off a voice. The vocals in this genre are kind of a texture that fits in with the driven guitar and over-the-top drums. It would be cool to hear your vocals mixed in with those other instruments.

Thanks for the feedback; glad you like it. If I ever get around to it, I'll post an entire song on here, guitars and all.

Like I said before, you already have the belting style needed for punk. And yeah, this sounded pretty close to Billy Joe. Can you move your head like a pez dispenser, the way he does? :lol:

You may not find a lot of people here who will comment on punk. What is more important is, what do the audiences think or have you played some live shows, yet?

For example, Billy Joe is punk, all the way through, not just singing style but attitude. "When September Ends" is actually written about his father. But when interviewed about it, he diminishes its importance, as well as that of any other song. All part of the punk attitude.

So, be punk. And get a set list together. Get someone to film you and the band at a gig. That would be cool.