Critique my Blackbird cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey, man!

Don't worry, it's very natural for us not to like our voices when we hear it recorded, especially if we are not accustomed to do it. It's sometimes like a feeling of disgust or something. That feeling subsides the more you hear your recorded voice.

You have a very good and sweet voice. I really like it. I wish I could sing well while playing guitar, man. You have a very good hands-voice coordination.

As for breath, what works for me is to sing somewhat louder. Not much louder, not even very noticeable louder, but at least not breathy. Breathy is ok if you know how to control it. You seem to expel all your air when finishing a verse (in the words 'night', 'life', etc). If you sing a little bit louder, you can keep more air inside you. I'm not an expert, so I don't know if this works for everyone, but at least it works for me. When you know how to control your breath, then you can return to apply your breathy voice without running out of breath.

Your pitch is also very good. Playing an instrument helps a lot with that.

To me, another beginner, you really don't sound like a beginner, believe me. You have great talent. Congratulations!

Hey, man!

Don't worry, it's very natural for us not to like our voices when we hear it recorded, especially if we are not accustomed to do it. It's sometimes like a feeling of disgust or something. That feeling subsides the more you hear your recorded voice.

You have a very good and sweet voice. I really like it. I wish I could sing well while playing guitar, man. You have a very good hands-voice coordination.

As for breath, what works for me is to sing somewhat louder. Not much louder, not even very noticeable louder, but at least not breathy. Breathy is ok if you know how to control it. You seem to expel all your air when finishing a verse (in the words 'night', 'life', etc). If you sing a little bit louder, you can keep more air inside you. I'm not an expert, so I don't know if this works for everyone, but at least it works for me. When you know how to control your breath, then you can return to apply your breathy voice without running out of breath.

Your pitch is also very good. Playing an instrument helps a lot with that.

To me, another beginner, you really don't sound like a beginner, believe me. You have great talent. Congratulations!

Thanks a ton for all the advice, i'll definitely give your tips a try in a bit! Breath is a hard one for me lol. :)

Sounds pretty good. :) I too like the sound of your voice.

As Karlpawer said you are singing a little breathy. This is a soft song but you can still sing it without whispering.

Don't worry about not liking the sound of your voice now. What we hear in our head and what we hear on a recording of ourselves is different. It is this fact that makes us not like what we hear on a recording.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Sounds pretty good. :) I too like the sound of your voice.

As Karlpawer said you are singing a little breathy. This is a soft song but you can still sing it without whispering.

Don't worry about not liking the sound of your voice now. What we hear in our head and what we hear on a recording of ourselves is different. It is this fact that makes us not like what we hear on a recording.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."