Crazy

• TMV World Legacy Member

I may have gotten the words mixed up :rolleyes: Comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/user898702554/crazy-practice

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

The words are not mine. I was wanting to learn that song anyway and trying to find a lesson of some sort. I ran across Pat Donohue who is a Fingerstyle jazz player. He sang this version at a guitar show.

Shame of it is, only you and Pumpkin will actually listen to it because of the title. :( Some kind of stigma against "Country/Folk music" Life goes on. :cool:

Shame of it is, only you and Pumpkin will actually listen to it because of the title. :( Some king of stigma against "Country/Folk music" Life goes on. :cool:

O contraire mon frere! A cover of a cover...THAT is the beauty of it. The "hillbilly" twang was just the icing on the cake my good man!

I wholeheartedly agree with Ron. Most excellent work! :-)

Eric

You're right, MDEW, there is this thing about country music, mainly that it does not contain the quasi-operatic stuff that one finds in heavy metal. Even the guys covering Lynrd Skynrd songs like "Simple Man" are doing the cover version, not the original.

And here is the lesson to be learned. Always sing to the audience. When you find the audience, even if it is only pumpkin and myself, we are the ones that you sing to. Any one else is invited to join this audience. And those that are missing out are missing out and sorry about their luck. See, being a singer does not signify intelligence or even good taste in music. It's just a thing. I include myself in that. Maybe some think my taste in music is suspect. We had a whole thread to bust my chops for thinking some singer did okay because I failed to bust his or her chops until they could do operatic heavy metal.

In the end, who cares? We are the audience you find that you have, so sing to us. That is another part of singer development that is a logical step after the mechanics of singing. Developing the tough hide and finding your audience and cater your plan to that. Remember that an audience of two or three is better than an audience of none.

Think about the album.

"Mountain Dew and what happens to good songs after Midnight"

Whatever you do, don't feed the hillbilly after sun down.......

I appreciate any Audience I can get. :cool: Review and critique is for increasing audience appeal. So suggestions are also welcomed even if it is complaining about my tone or choice of vocal interpretation.

If you are looking for examples of Tenor high C that are pure and unaltered look to Bluegrass. You will not find Covered voice or the tone enhanced or masked by distortion.

Check out Don Rich. He was Buck Owens side kick/guitar player. He provided the the tenor harmonies for Buck. Clean and Clear plenty of country twang.Modal, no falsetto.