Panic Attack by Dream Theater Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Excellent. And I liked the way you mixed this. Gives it an eery sound. Have you shared this with your friend, yet? I think he would enjoy it.

Thanks Ron ofr listening. I mixed it with sony walkman heaphones - I still do not have any flat monitors :(

www.drop-head.com

Great performance. I've noticed your vibrato has gotten faster and more natural sounding since last time I heard it, good work.

I was actually not a fan of how it was recorded - a better mic would have definitely made it way better IMO. Eerie effects or mixing is cool but it needs a solid foundation of being recorded in high quality first, in order to sound professional.

Watch out for your timing - sometimes your voice came in a tad later than the backing vocal track which sounded odd. But other than that little issue I think you did a great job overall.

Thanks Owen, I am using a AT2020, which was free when you buy a set of 3 At live mics for $100.00 lol. Not the greatest mic. I am going to try to use my Rode condensor mic net time. Yeah, the timing is difficult in this song.

www.drop-head.com

You want some difficult timing? Try lining up the lyric "I awoke on impact" at the beginning of "I Don't Believe in Love" by QR. I think I had to try that beginning like about 8 times. Curses upon Geoff.

Thanks Geno! I took a few months off for school , and I am just starting to get "it" back. Glad ya liked it.

www.drop-head.com

Major improvements in the vibrato as others have said. Also Good job on the light head voice parts near the end....

I agree the mix is not up to standards i have heard before.

Great job man!!

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Thanks Chav. I'll try and correct the recording issues when I have some $$ :)

Take it easy on yourself. My house is under lien to pay off property taxes. Racked several grand in hospital bills for my wife last fall. Just paid off her car for a little under $2k. Sometimes, you have to take care of the roof over your head and the wheels under your feet. People such as you and I don't have parents or family financially supporting us. I am the breadwinner and if I don't work and pay bills, we have nothing. So, give it some time.