Fix you Cover----Coldplay Acapella

• TMV World Legacy Member

Nice Cover. Like your tone, like the feeling.

My tip for you: Take it slow! You rush in the chorus and in some parts of the verses. A song like this lives of the honest feeling. With a slower pace you can achieve that even more.

Also maybe cut back the riffs and runs a little bit. They are really cool but to my ears you use them so often that it loses its effect.

Range wise and general vocal technique wise this song is really easy. So the most important part here was the tone and the feeling. You nailed both. :)

So maybe next time try something that challenges your range a little bit more?

I didn't hear anything wrong with the timing. This is kind of a jazzy version and some rubato is to be expected.

However, it is really hard to tell the tone of your voice because of the quality of the recording. It sounds like you were recording with soup cans and string. Believe, I am the reigning king of crappy recordings but I have since learned how to make a better recording.

What I could hear of the singing sounded fine.

So, I don't understand why you are looking for a critique that tears you down. Do you sound like the original? No, of course not. And I just don't care if you do and you cannot make me care if you sound like the original, or not.

I agree with Luca, the range and style of this song may rely on strengths you already have and if wanting to get out of your comfort zone, you, Mar, are also right, to may be choose a song or even a style that is not r&b influenced. Robert Lunte, our benefactor (owner of this forum) currently has a challenge to sing "Lights" by Journey. That should give you something to work on.

What are you recording on, by the way? It seems to be holding you back or making you sound like you are singing in a tin can.

Wow thanks for the feedback Ronws. I was recording on my laptop mic while standing a bit far away from it. I'm a total mew-bie so I didn't realize it would have such a big impact on the sound. Now I know well enough not to do that anymore.

I think what Lucca was referring to and what I hear in this clip as well is uneven phrasing. You need to smooth out the phrasing of the song. What I mean by good phrasing is not making it so choppy and staccato and thinking of making it more smooth and Legato.

With that being said, you are doing a lot of things right here. I love the runs you sang, a couple of them were unexpected because you move out of the key of the song but still make it work. You're no delineation is amazing in the runs. I would also agree that your tone is very nice.

Win7 - Reaper - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - [url]www.adammishan.com[/url]