Eyes of a Stranger Rendition

• TMV World Legacy Member

Geoff, I have a few words for you. First off, what the hell were you thinking when you made Mindcrime 2? Destroying a classic like that. Should have just let it be, man.

The only drawback in this song I noticed was during the chorus on some sustained notes, but I guess that comes with age, Mr. Tate.

The word "stranger" and the sustained "stare"

"Like they've always promised"

Errr, Sleeper, you do realise that the recording is not Geoff?

@Metallic, It sounds dope to me. :) But make sure those notes are not strained. I cant really tell with some of those notes if you had to strain to get them or if it is just an effect. For example at 2:38.

I agree, absolutely well done. Awesome backing track.

Last year or early this year, we had a Queensryche tribute thread where people put up their covers of QR songs. I put up two, myself. Of course, I sound nothing like Geoff, not nearly as close as you do, Metallic Shock. But I enjoy the majesty of the music. And you do sound quite similar to Geoff when he was young.

Now, I know, if I had the guts to take on "Silent Lucidity," you should, too. In fact, if it is not too much to ask, I would like to hear you do that one.

Thanks for the responses and reception guys! Yeah there was definitely some points during that recording session where my voice felt kinda sore, but I had been singing high for so long I'm not sure if it was because of bad technique or not. All I know is I have difficulty getting into that "voice" every day.

ronws, I actually have two covers of Silent Lucidity that I have done. One, much like this Eyes of a Stranger cover was recorded at Adoney's studio but I only did the first half. The more recent one I did has a lower sound quality (and also like this Eyes of a Stranger clip I used an instrumental track I could find on youtube for it), but has the full song. I could post one or the other, but I think they reveal more of the difficulties I have in my 4th octave than the other covers I've posted on this site so far.