Bob dylan tambourine man

• TMV World Legacy Member

Singing is closer to calling out to someone than speaking softly to them.

Imagine that the Tamborine man that you are speaking to is on the stage in a crowded bar and you are trying to get his attention. "HEY Mr. Tamborine Man! Play a Song for Me."

If you find that you are too quiet put a Capo on your guitar and sing the song a little higher.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

You could also try singing closer to the mic.

Anyway, nice artistic interpretation. Dylan had a more upbeat sound, as did others who have covered this song. You give it a kind of funeral dirge effect but that's cool, too.

Thanks all for your answers it helps. I hate my voice so any compliments helps me. I will try to record it in a louder version but usually it will sound more awful than this. My friend he passed away a week ago that may explain the funeral dirge effect you were talking about even tho i did not even notice that myself. :)

We all have sub-text going on in our lives. I did a cover recently of Dan Fogelberg's "Last Nail" at the request of my wife. Her father passed away recently and this song was stuck in her head for about a week.

So, don't think it is bad that you translated some of your grieving into this. It created a work of art. A work of art that I would like to hear better if you can sing closer to the mic. As to whether or not your voice is crap, we are the audience. Let us have some input, too.

Otherwise, why would you post here?

We all have sub-text going on in our lives. I did a cover recently of Dan Fogelberg's "Last Nail" at the request of my wife. Her father passed away recently and this song was stuck in her head for about a week.

So, don't think it is bad that you translated some of your grieving into this. It created a work of art. A work of art that I would like to hear better if you can sing closer to the mic. As to whether or not your voice is crap, we are the audience. Let us have some input, too.

ronws - Nicely articulated. You're a wise man.

The Aspiring Singer
Resources and inspiration for aspiring singers - from beginners to professionals
www.theaspiringsinger.com
Twitter: @theaspiringsing

Absolutely correct Ronws.

My earlier post involved my own subtext. My subtext for this song "Hey mister Tamborine man. Play a song for me" is about wanting to hear a song to take my mind away from the bordom and frustration of everyday life. So I would be calling out to him, getting his attention away from all the others who are also trying to get his attention.

It could also be interpreted as a soulful cry and therefore soft and melancholy.

That is the great thing about a good song. It can mean so many things to different people.

And what we want to do as singers is tell the story in a fashon that is both entertaining and thought provoking.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."