Started singing again after having given up.

• TMV World Legacy Member

So, life has been tumultuous for a long time, for a long list of reasons and I decided to give up singing. However, as things slowly are getting better, I do see some light and with that comes the will to try and create music and sing.

The voice needs constant maintenance and I have indeed lost ability, but hopefully I'll get it back and eventually become better :)

So, this was an idea for a song that I came up with, it's only a verse and a bridge quickly recorded with my phone as to not forget the idea so I'm aware of the out of tune notes xD (Though, taking a break from music I must admit that my pitch has become worse :P) It's in Swedish though so bear with me xD There are no high notes at all.

Quick translation, pretty much everything is lost in translation and without the rhymes, oh well :D

Hope you're all doing well, I hope to start posting here again, provided life continues to improve :>

---

Have you forgotten the sun

That may have burnes you at times

When you reached too far

Have you forgotten that life lives within you?

Frozen solid, for thousands of years

Preserved so cold

a dream and a fall

Have you forgotten how life lives within you?

Nothing turns out to be what you expect it to be

Turn around, there's your friend

Those who once were there, will still be there for you

If you'd only try again

So when you see the road

the one that leads you forward

the one that leads you home

Do remember then, that life lives within you?

Sounds good, man. Don't ever give up on your music. It's the one thing you can always count on to be "there" for you. It may sound a little hokey, but it's true.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

I agree with Validar. Keep doing what you are doing. And if you ever think about giving up singing, then email me your address so that I can fly to your country and kick your butt back into singing. Which will be embarrassing, and old guy like me whoopin' your butt. :lol:

Welcome back, I am always a fan of your voice.

The voice needs constant maintenance and I have indeed lost ability, but hopefully I'll get it back and eventually become better :)

I wonder how you'd sound after you regain your ability... its a very catchy song and very good performance!

Off topic, it aytoplayed "No Time For Us", dude if it is also your composition you write very nice songs!

Hey Ron, a good ass kickin' might be needed at times haha. Good to see you again :D

Singingnewbie; thanks for listening. The "No Time For Us" is half a cover of a Broder Daniel-song but I changed alot in the melody and made the piano arrangement/melody myself (the original is simple guitar strumming). Most of the songs on my SoundClouds are original songs however, only a few covers and when I cover I always change alot of things (because hey, why try to sound like someone else when you can sound like yourself instead? :D)

Thanks Vali :D It may be a cliché but it's true :> Can't really see myself as whole unless I sing ._.;

Indeed.

As I said, it may sound hokey, but it's oh so true. People, places, and relationships will come and go in our lives, but music will always be there, and even if doesn't lead you to the success you desire, the satisfaction and release of it all is hard to beat if you really love what you're doing.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Sounds great, Snejk, you have a great voice and a commercial tone. I think i am one of the few who understands the lyrics since i am swedish :) I know the feeling of giving up on singing, sometimes i think - why the heck am i doing this it is a waste of time i will never achieve anything by it but then a couple of days pass and i get an urge for singing again. It is a drug, i can´t quit and why should i, even though i propably never will be great at it i feel good by doing it.