Cover Songs Critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi,

Is there any chance people would be able to take trip over to my website and let me know what they think of some of the cover songs that are on the homepage? The covers include backing track ones, live performances (sorry about my gf - you'll see what I mean), and some acoustic ones (with my sub par guitar skills)!

I have been singing for just under 10 years and would really like to get better, so any feedback would be great. Also - if any of the covers are bad - I can get them off my site ;)

Thanks in advance for your help - here is the site: http://www.mattcallanansinger.com

"Mr Brightside" - the mic is holding you back and cutting the brightness I know you would have on this song. We had another fan a few years ago who was a big fan of the Killers. Certainly this was their biggest hit but they have a lot of good songs and I think is a good match for your voice.

"A Team" - I like your version better than the original. The original singer has a droning sound that makes me think of it being an enhanced interrogation technique to be used by DHS. But your voice makes the song bearable and worth listening to.

"Chasing Cars" - good vocals but the guitar was out of tune and distracted me.

"Use Somebody" - nigh on to a perfect match and it could be easy to accidently think it was a Kings of Leon recording.

"Amazing" - one of my favorites. One, because it's live. And two, because your voice shines in a live setting where you are not stymied by choice of mic, so much. Sure whatever is recording may limit everything, but not just your voice, like it was on "Mr Brightside."

"Naive" - your voice really shines here and you are in your element. This is to get the bridesmaids funkin and groovin so that Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson have a fighting chance. :lol:

"Iris" - I liked your version of this, though I still like Johnny's original. Dude is a master songwriter with a way of getting into one's heart. And this song, though widely covered, is not as easy as you make it sound.

Good stuff. And good luck to you, also. Keep singing anywhere they will allow you to. That's what I do. Sing until someone runs me off. But I am big, and tall, and scary-looking, so they just wait for me to get tired and go away, on my own accord. The "Shrek" of singing. :lol: :lol:

I listened to two tracks, Use Somebody and Wake Me Up. Your singing sounds really good. Very professional, great tone, nice feeling. The recording quality may not be top notch, but it doesn't take away from your talent as a singer. If you want to improve on something, it would be the quality of mic and other recording equipment and the mixing and producing. Very nice singing though.