Elton John's Your Song female cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I wonder if that really annoyed my neighbors while i recorded :o

Please, looking for some critique -

I can hear my voice somewhat changed comparing to my first recording on soundclound, but I don't quite get where the difference actually comes from and which one sounds better... :/

I'm not sure if you were flat. Definitely off pitch but I can't be sure how. Rather than flat, maybe, you were just singing in the wrong key compared to the track. Either way it was wrong. Your voice sounds nice and your tone is pleasant. It sounds like you can sing well. The problem in this attempt was you and the track were off.

For some reason most people get stuck on the same part in this "I hope you don't mind". People tend to trip themselves up starting too low on that phrase. When you came back in on "How wonderful Life is" you were spot on, so I do not think it was because you cannot sing those notes on "Hope you don't mind".

Keep singing, It takes learning how to listen to yourself and the music at the same time.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thank you all so much for your opinions!

MDEW, I didn't realize I was starting too low on that part, but I'm afraid if I start higher I'll end up in a really squeaky 'mind' :D

As a matter of fact, I've been listening to the song and signing along lots and lots of times and am still out of tune... So I guess I should just find a good teacher :/

Anyway, it's good to know I'm not hopeless, that's really inspiring, so thank you all again! :)

Thank you all so much for your opinions!

MDEW, I didn't realize I was starting too low on that part, but I'm afraid if I start higher I'll end up in a really squeaky 'mind' :D

As a matter of fact, I've been listening to the song and signing along lots and lots of times and am still out of tune... So I guess I should just find a good teacher :/

Anyway, it's good to know I'm not hopeless, that's really inspiring, so thank you all again! :)

When I say people start the phrase too low, I am not meaning by a big leap. That phrase must be out of the natural scale for the rest of the song. It starts just one or two notes above where most people try to sing it.

It is elusive but you will get it.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."