• TMV World Legacy Member

Yeah this is more polished and your best version. It does have a star quality gloss on your timbre. Just keep singing. You're already doing pretty most everything right.

It's cool cause it's mainstream, but I also like the soul. You've got mainstream sound that also conveys emotion well and doesn't sound manufactured. Figure out what singing means to you and how you want to fit it into your life.

I'd maybe look into musicianship and writing songs so you have an extra angle. But if you find a good pop platform, you might be able to go somewhere popular singing other people's tunes. You're not super old, unless the ladies disagree, you look like you could be a pop star. I'd look into this stuff from other angles than just technique. You can improve your singing, but you're young, it sounds good, and yeah.

By the time you become Dio you might be an old man, right? So you gotta think about seizing the day in the relatively nearer future.

funny part is that all i had for this one was my iphone as opposed to my zoom camcorder

And I watched a documentary called "It Might Get Loud" and Jack White was recording on a tube amp and an old mic into a 5" reel-to-reel to get a certain sound. Technology can work for you, whether small or large.

Some people have liked my old recording of "Highway to Hell" that I did on my 4-track with a mic that was not even as good as a karaoke mic. Crazy things happen ...

I can't sing half as good as you and I'm twice your age, still, I am totally into it. Therefore, I see no reason why you would not go for it, other than the traditional commercial music route is kind of off the wall as far as a business goes.

On the upside, for me, I play a mad lead electric guitar from the classic hymnal, you know, Rock of Ages,

and just started working with an eight track Tascam DP-03-SD.  Your recording technique is equal to your singing, excellent.  

Your visual, video, component on this item could stand added value, but plainly that is not your concern. I only say that because I am obliged to say something.

I would wonder where you would go with this, or what a professional producer would recommend. Being new here, I don't know what you have done in the past or what your plans are. Seems to me if you found two or three more voices you could hold down a great singing group.

I agree, Ed, tmacuf's either secretly been training like a madman prior to coming here or singing is more intuitive for him than it was for most of us.

A cool modern soul kind of group would be good. If you're a Ben E King fan, he started with the Drifters.

I'd love to see you out there bringing the soul with a group.

Here is a 16 Bar backing with a four bar intro for that song, in Cmaj.  ;)

http://yourlisten.com/ed_shaw/progression-in-c-major-for-songs-like-stand-by-me

Intro:  F-G-C-G(X1)
Verse & Chorus
C-C-Am-Am
F-G-C-C
C-C-Am-Am
F-G-C-G
(repeat)

Chords progressions not copyright. Use creative phrasing or write your own lyrics.

License for original lyrics available on line for little money.