Crazy Nights acoustic (Kiss cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Awesome, Marcus. You should probably do some more. If you don't mind, I think you could do another KISS song better than the original. "God Gave Rock and Roll To You."

I'm digging this. I never got into Kiss much at all, but I like what you're doing with it. Good groove, good time. Singing is great and you never lost a beat. If you spruce up your youtube videos with a bit of fanciness, you might gather a youtube audience. Some artists have gotten started this way by building up a fanbase there.

If you want to try this approach though, I'd recommend doing a pro mic recording with mix (reverb, compression, EQ) and add a few fancy camera angles, with fancy lighting, cause it can be hugely successful.

Thank you very much guys!

Ron, I hadn't heard that song before. I might give it a try some day!

KillerKu - thanks for the ideas. I'll definitely do some more proper recordings. This was a spontaneous thing. Wife and kids left home for two hours so I had some time to practice and sing, so I figured I'd just turn the camera on and rock it.

Thanks for the link also, hadn't heard about Allen Stone at all. Real nice song, and fun idea with living room recording!

I've heard a fair bit of Kiss (though not really a fan)...I do like Paul Stanley's voice on record a lot though. Never heard this song before but it sounds really nice the way you do it, esp the 2nd verse :) And your tone is really lovely. Keep it up.

Well, unlike the others who replied I'm a BIG KISS-fan. And consider Paul Stanley as one of the greatest rock singers and frontmen of all time.

I really enjoyed your cover though, especially when you gave more into it!  :)

Vats & Ken - thank you both for the feedback!

And Ron thanks for the link. I do have some songs I need to learn first, but I will definitely add that one to the list!

I'll admit I'm no big Kiss fan, although I do enjoy listening to them. Paul Stanley have some serious pipes. I picked this song up when searching for 80s rock for a troubadour gig. Didn't feel like I could do it in original key though, and I skipped the key change by the end :)

Seems there's no going back from using distortion now when I learnt how to do it. Everyone, myself included, seem to prefer it to the clean singing, haha.

Gneetapp and bono1982 - thank you ver much!

I'm very grateful for all the nice comments on here, really heartwarming guys! I'll try to get some new material with better quality audio up in a not too distant future!