Fine China (trying to do a proper recording)

• TMV World Legacy Member

That is sounding better than your previous recording, to me. Although, trust me, my mixing skills have been worse than yours by a long shot and for quite a long time. But I learn, ever so slowly, I learn.

What a cool and unique voice.. Love  the way you weave in and out of falsetto(at least sounds like it) and make it sound like one voice.  You make it sound very simple! How long have you been singing.. It obviously takes a lot of skill to do this.. 

Your mix actually sounds good!!!  I was terrible at mixing initially.. I have improved over the last year or so and it makes so much difference to my songs.  Like singing you have to work at it!! Like 80-20 or 90-10... 

Hey Aravind!

I'm not weaving in and out of falsetto haha... I sing it full voice compared to Chris Brown who does flip for the higher notes... I'm more at a medium intensity with some higher intensity in places but unfortunately it doesn't seem like the recording captures that especially the higher intensity...

Also my voice is light. I'm not Michael Bolton :lol: 

If you wanna hear my falsetto listen to this: https://app.box.com/s/poqumunhfx8hxye5lwblsryl3pmi45af

@ 0:04 "you were there" that's my falsetto, @ 0:34 "over you" and @ 0:39 "to do" is falsetto as well.

Been singing for maybe 6-7 years now.

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

Yeah it doesn't sound falsetto to me. Sounds good too.

Kind of a Stevie Wonderish cry kind of vocal. Whenever I try to do this crysih thing up as high as you went in this tune it thins out a bit earlier. I've wondered how much weight has to do with this and how much is technique, but I'm a bit familiar with how it works when you take this voice up, it doesn't feel like falsetto or sound quite it either, but it is lighter than some other ways you can use the voice.

It sounds like you might be able to have a bit more twang if you wanted it to sound a little more defined to people's ears, but it isn't necessary. Anyway, Sexy, you're good at this style and it sounds good. Pretty much just keep training it. It will get better and better. I'll be looking forward to your tracks.

The only thing I'd mention, is it's a great performance, but since this is a highly competitive genre, if you were to make like a demo tape for a record company, you might want to comp an immaculate take. Your pitch is already better than I could do in this style. But like 1:07 through 1:09 are a bit flat on the irreplacea 'ble' part.

I'm only being a stickler cause you are poised to possibly have commercial potential on the billboard charts. For a lot of us, we have a lot more things to work on than 2 flat notes (like 50 flat or sharp notes) and may never find a commercial genre, but for you, when it comes time to send a demo tape or whatever, you might aim for actual perfection. It's what the industry wants right now, and I think you could possibly have what it takes to get a mainstream fanbase, 'then' do whatever you want. :D

Whenever I try to do this crysih thing up as high as you went in this tune it thins out a bit earlier. I've wondered how much weight has to do with this and how much is technique

I think it has to do with how big your cords are and how good your technique is.

The only thing I'd mention, is it's a great performance, but since this is a highly competitive genre, if you were to make like a demo tape for a record company, you might want to comp an immaculate take. Your pitch is already better than I could do in this style. But like 1:07 through 1:09 are a bit flat on the irreplacea 'ble' part.

Yeah I'm a little flat in places. This is a one take recording. I can't do a song perfectly from start to finish without singing at least a couple of flat/sharp notes haha

And I have no dreams of becoming a pop star... Singing at parties and stuff would suit me just fine! I'm a simple man lol

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

I think it has to do with how big your cords are and how good your technique is.

Yeah I'm a little flat in places. This is a one take recording. I can't do a song perfectly from start to finish without singing at least a couple of flat/sharp notes haha

And I have no dreams of becoming a pop star... Singing at parties and stuff would suit me just fine! I'm a simple man lol

Neither can I or 98 percent of singers. You're good enough for parties dude. Go for it. I was just thinking of unleashing the Sexy Beast on the general public at large. You've got potential. Might even keep the moniker.

Neither can I or 98 percent of singers. You're good enough for parties dude. Go for it. I was just thinking of unleashing the Sexy Beast on the general public at large. You've got potential. Might even keep the moniker.

And the costume. Don't want to waste a "jump scare" like that.  :o