Blue Rail road train...cover...critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounds good Bluesguy.

You have improved a great deal since you started here. I did not hear any pitch problems and your tone is solid.

I would still like to hear something a little higher with an upbeat feel but you are settling in nicely with this laid back thing you are doing.

You should record some of the first songs you posted here and listen to the difference in your voice.

It is not that you really sound different but your tone and pitch are more solid now.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

• Review My Singing Membership

Thank you sir..I did not realize this singing thing is so hard. I do think I'm making some improvements compared to when I first started. I'm learning it is a skill that has to be honed-just like playing guitar.

BTW, for the moderators,I'm not ignoring the request to post profile pic. I keep trying but I get an error message that says the image is too large? Trying to figure that out.

I made a post for Avatars in the tutorials section. I think mine is the first post after the main help topics. I tried to copy and paste it here but it did not work.

I think you have made a lot of progress and I am glad that you are still playing and working on it. Your guitar playing has improved also.

Look up Thom Bresh, Merle Travis and Tommy Emmanuel on Youtube. You will not be disappointed. 

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I really liked this. It shows your range better, your tone is better, and your pitch is good. Phrasing good, this is probably the most upbeat sounding thing I can remember you doing. Whatever you are doing, keep at it.