Review Me (Is this Love-Bob Marley)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Bro thats awesome!!! Nice lovely tone and nice guitar skills :) Some minor mistakes but generally i really like it :P

With some proper practice you will be even greater :)

Thanks Elvis.  I recognize your name because I've been lurking this forum a week or so.  This was really just a sloppy One-Take whatever.
I've always just been a guitar player and only sang harmonies. But I'm looking to improve my singing so I can front my own band.

I liked your cover and you've got a nice voice :) but...

You need to work on your rythm/timing. It is very unstable and that's pretty much the only thing prevent this from sounding very good. Practice your guitar part with a metronome, then add your voice . If you can't keep a stable rythm you will sound unprofessional. Don't be afraid to simplify your comping: try to keep a steady reggae rythm first before adding the little emeblishments that you do. Rythm is probably the most important skill in music not playing fast and flashy, it's even more important than pitch.

Your guitar playing could also benefit from a greater use of dynamics: soft, med, loud...

Besides singing and teaching I also make beats and remixes. Check them out here: https://blend.io/sexybeast

I liked your cover and you've got a nice voice :) but...

You need to work on your rythm/timing. It is very unstable and that's pretty much the only thing prevent this from sounding very good. Practice your guitar part with a metronome, then add your voice . If you can't keep a stable rythm you will sound unprofessional. Don't be afraid to simplify your comping: try to keep a steady reggae rythm first before adding the little emeblishments that you do. Rythm is probably the most important skill in music not playing fast and flashy, it's even more important than pitch.

Your guitar playing could also benefit from a greater use of dynamics: soft, med, loud...

I can keep a rhythm just fine, I was just goofin here.  Trying to focus entirely on my voice.

But thanks I'm glad that you guys think I have what it takes vocally.  I've always been totally overshadowed by my lead vocalist and never really had the confidence to sing much

This is really cool! yes, the rythm/timing is a little unstable in this song but since it is only your voice and the guitar I do not see any problem

I've never taken lessons of any kind.

Then you are lucky cause you are starting from a high place

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-