Please listen - Recovering from reflux

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey all. I've been absent for a while because on new years eve I had a severe case of gastroenteritis, or however it is called in english.  It came with a nasty, very nasty reflux, which affected my voice drastically, and now I've been recovering from it. 

Progress has been slow, but steady. For a couple of months my mid range was completely gone, with only air leak, and in some good days some muffled notes could be sang. 
I was told by a singer/teacher friend that if the sound was bright and ringy it should be okay to sing, and I listened to him.

Well, today I was practicing and exploring my "new voice" as usual and I felt my headvoice quite well so I decided to try some stuff. 

Don't Stop Believing bit:   ( not compressed or processed, I only removed noise.  )

https://app.box.com/s/p8h39zxps2zjvmoj16zqu7b4zre19dz8

I am well aware of some off pitch places and that the ending was crap haha, but I was quite tired and I didn't want to force that cool high.  (I hit a plate while singing, that's the weird noise, haha, I left it because I thought it was funny )

I was hoping if fellow singers and teachers could tell me what do they hear, how do they hear my voice, if I should take certain precautions I am not aware of, or if someone has had a case like me before I would greeeatly appreciate any input.

​Thank you very much guys :)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey man, sorry to hear about your health problems. Luckily, you seem to be recuperated. I thought you sounded good with a relatively light head/mix voice. Welcome back! Sorry I don't have any advices for you, only compliments... :P

• Administrator

TEST :

(Name)

Welcome to the forum.  Kindly upload a picture to your profile. It really helps the forum and gives YOU identity !

Please click on the following link >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5shcSf9VXs

Thank you,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"