Recovering from reflux - Journey, Dream Theater, Kamelot, Karnivool

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey all. I would like to know what do you feel about my voice, how do you hear it.  I've been recovering from a serious reflux and my voice doesn't feel scratchy anymore, although it still feels a bit stiff. If I don't sing correctly it sounds muffled and air leaks too much.

Here is a playlist with recent practices, different days. Some days my voice feels lighter ( Don't stop believing ) and others a bit more meaty ( New Millenium, Take away my pain )

A good thing is that my voice now is getting consistent. 2 months ago, if I sang one day, I would have to stop for a week because my voice just wouldn't work.  Now it feels a lot better and I can sing almost everyday, though not more than half an hour because it starts to dehydrate.

Thanks for any input!!!  

You got some really good sounding head notes in some parts, like in Don't Stop Believin for example. In some parts you sound a little falsetto-ish (as in airy head tone) and dopey. Keep up the good work, Xamedhi!

Overall good. But yea sonetines its a bit too airy and sounds like your lowering larynx too much. Sounds kinda dopey like olem said

Thanks! Yeah, the idea is to finally achieve a belty sound over all my range, haha, but for now I have to go with what doesn't hurt.  My voice naturally tends to release closure, so I have to always actively think of connecting, my voice is not used to weight.

After all my problems my voice kind of lowered a whole step ( I like to use modes so ), like... my Overdrive is not as metallic and sounds more like curbing, and my curbing sounds kind of like neutral :/ Also all depends on the range, there are some parts that feel weaker than others, which wasn't an issue before. Most of the time when I sing around or higher than my second bridge (B4-C5), although it may sound falsetto-ish, in fact I am using the effort and energy of a heavier sound, haha, I need to be careful about that, because my folds feel really thin up there.  I hope as I keep gaining strength the sounds will get more and more meaty.

Thanks again for the input guys. :)