Victim of a Foolish Heart - Joss Stone

• TMV World Legacy Member

In line with what Sexy_Beast suggested, I decided to try something that is more Soul and less Pop. Still looking for the right Teddy Pendergrass song.

This song was originally done by Bettye Swan in 1972 but covered by Joss Stone on her 2003 album The Soul Sessions, which my sister had bought when it first came out, and when I first remember hearing this track and "Super Duper Love". I really like the vibe and the story told by this song. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Edit: Updated song file, revised

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

You have the kind of voice that I love! deep and soft. Good for you!  ;)

There is something , however, that strikes me . Sometimes I notice as a gap in your voice, a hiatus or and as if it were a little tired. Could be?  Please take good care of that marvelous instrument you have.. 

With regard to this song , I have to say that although I like riffs, runs and all this stuff, you should be careful not to abuse of this, so as not to become monotonous; personal taste. I recognize that Joss Stone uses much this resource , and that's the reason why I do not listen much her songs, even though she has a very beautiful voice. But again , this is just personal taste

Please, review and critique my latest post: Donny Hathaway - A song for you

souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-

Thanks Bono! I think I know what you mean about the gap or vocal breaks, I was trying to get an edgier sound so maybe that's what happened as I kept singing, not sure.

I really appreciate that I have another set of ears to tell me there are too many riffs in this recording - I am pretty sure there are more in here than there are in the original song. I feel like I put them in due to not being familiar with the melody at times and wanting to experiment, but it was definitely too much. I am updating the file with a version that removes some lines that are overcooked, and I redid a few lines towards the end earlier today. Thanks for your feedback, truly.

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud