Love of my own: New song by me and my uncle.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi there,

me and my uncle Jouko have been working on this song for a while now. I made the melody, lyrics and the singing parts and my uncle was kind enough to play all the instruments except the drums. He is a multitalent musician so many thanks to him. I know this is a far from perfect but at least we made it. What do you think, is it any good? (edit ) skip to second vid to avoid weird background vocals :P

Nice track overall. I enjoyed the catchiness of the song. I write originals and know how hard it is to write your own composition. Lyrics are always a treat lol as well as coming up with a good melody. I think that maybe the background vocals needed a little more work but I applaud you for creating your own song. Lets hear some more songs from you Pekka.

Many thanks Musikman :) i know that background vocal is a kind weird but i cannot find any good effects to get the right punch the chorus needs in Audacity prog. But i am working on it :D

I really liked it. Editing wise, you might want to shorten the background vocals. Their timing is different than the lead and what sounds like an off pitch spot is just an unfortunate coincidence of the two. But you are a good songwriter and blessings to your very talented uncle. You should do this some more. A lot.

Thanks Ron :) and yes you got a very good ear, there seems to be something wrong with the timing about those background vocals. I deleted and make a new version without them. And thank you for your encouraging words :bouncy:

Whatever you think is best. And background or doubling vocals is still the old school preferred way to thicken the voice in the chorus. It was just a matter of timing. If you have a way to time-shift just those parts or record them shorter, it would probably line up. Another thing I learned about background vocals. Go really soft on the consonants. Let the lead vocal have all the consonants. If the BF vocals have strong consonants, they will conflict with the lead, even if timing is good.