• Administrator

Gill,

- You need to more musculature behind your singing as a general statement. This IS a falsetto mode you are singing in. It makes the voice sound weak and has a lot of instability to the configuration, which is why falsetto tends to "chirp" and "squirrel" around.

How do you fix it?

- Standard good training that would include building the strength and motor skills to twang, in particular above your bridge.

- Train the TVS onsets, Dampen & Release & Attack & Release to build stronger compression / vocalis strength. This will help give you the twang and stability.

- When you are amplifying your voice with real sound energy, not wind, you will then need to guide/direct that energy to proper resonance. Therefore, you need to understand the fundamentals about singing vowels, modification of those vowels and build enough association on how they feel through kinesthetics to also, build masterly acoustics in your singing. In your TVS system that I gave you.

In The Four Pillars of Singing you have to TRAIN! ... 

- Onset Lectures

- Training Onsets

- Acoustic Modes

- Training Integrated Training Routines

- ... and then apply your new strength and motor skills to singing songs, including this one. 

You have to build a voice... the apply it to songs and workout the details.

• Review My Singing Membership
1 minute ago, Robert Lunte said:

Gill,

- You need to more musculature behind your singing as a general statement. This IS a falsetto mode you are singing in. It makes the voice sound weak and has a lot of instability to the configuration, which is why falsetto tends to "chirp" and "squirrel" around.

How do you fix it?

- Standard good training that would include building the strength and motor skills to twang, in particular above your bridge.

- Train the TVS onsets, Dampen & Release & Attack & Release to build stronger compression / vocalis strength. This will help give you the twang and stability.

- When you are amplifying your voice with real sound energy, not wind, you will then need to guide/direct that energy to proper resonance. Therefore, you need to understand the fundamentals about singing vowels, modification of those vowels and build enough association on how they feel through kinesthetics to also, build masterly acoustics in your singing. In your TVS system that I gave you.

- Onset Lectures

- Training Onsets

- Acoustic Modes

- ... and then apply your new strength and motor skills to singing songs, including this one. 

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice Robert. I'm onto it right now my dear friend. 

• Review My Singing Membership
1 hour ago, Robert Lunte said:

Gill,

How do you fix it?

- Onset Lectures

- Training Onsets

- Acoustic Modes

OMG started today and the difference is already very apparent. I can see how I've not been using my voice correctly now. Thank you SO much Robert.