August 2015 Gospel Challenge: Amazing Grace

• 2 weeks later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

sign this guy up.. ;)

PLEASE CONTACT DANIEL@YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER@GMAIL.COM
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM
WWW.DANIELFORMICAVOCALSTUDIO.COM
www.soundcloud.com/daniel-formicahttps://www.youtube.com/user/danformica
Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME. They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it's been a long time since I last logged in here but having gigs every second day all through the summertime was really tiring! But now here I am to take part to this "challenge"....hope you'll like my rendition of this wonderful gospel song! Let me know...bye!

I remember your version, Magika. It's great, I showed a family member who grew up in church and she loved it too. She said she'd heard it so many times but it never sounded so good. She grew up in a white church where they sang it 'square' so yours being influenced by jazz, soul, and black gospel really stepped it up for her.  

I'm not religious, but I have a few friends who grew up in religious environments and were non believers. Many experienced turmoil and conflict, so I did a quick acapella version from the perspective of a non believer trying to convince themselves:

https://app.box.com/s/hpywfqy7vw8sppimiiuwhxybd9tyanxr

I'll leave it up to others to make the 'traditionally good' non sacrilegious kind. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it's been a long time since I last logged in here but having gigs every second day all through the summertime was really tiring! But now here I am to take part to this "challenge"....hope you'll like my rendition of this wonderful gospel song! Let me know...bye!

This is beautiful awesome singing..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...