Vocalizing up to Bb4

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have Windows 7, and I can't open that file. Could it be an Apple format of some type?

Thank you naccoachbob for making me aware of the file type issue. Here is a link to an mp3 version:

https://www.box.com/s/7e3bde4e2bd5a05fc1bc

Thank you all who can find a moment to check it out and give me your feed back on any tension, air flow, etc. problems, or anything else.

Cheers!

Well, i didn't realy hear any strain. I didnt check if it's realy Bb4, but i sang with it and it feels that it is. It sounded pretty strong.

Gonna conquer the world ]:-|

• 2 weeks later...

bump, I know it may seem silly but it's really important to me that I hear from a number of different people on how I am faring with my singing technique. I appreciate all your criticisms!

Bah, come on mate you know it's good! It's à great practicerun, i think you feel that to... doesnt even sound like your putting yourself to test...

Exactly! The only approval you need is YOUR approval.

That is the most important thing to remember.

"verum ipsum factum"

Not Correct? I disagree completly, what he needs is just basicly more time "up" there, wich is probably what he's doing. He releases very Well, gets abit unstable for à second but nothing major and worth focusing on that time and just going for it wont fix.

It also depends on what sound he's going for, it's not like there's some universal "correct" way to sound :) there are just sounds, maybe he was going for à Little darkercolor up on top

Bah, come on mate you know it's good! It's à great practicerun, i think you feel that to... doesnt even sound like your putting yourself to test...

What a great feeling, the first time (that being this thread) that anyone has given me positive comments on my high notes. To be given some assurance from outside sources that I'm on the right path just fills me with so much desire to sing even harder, it's a feeling I'm sure you are all well aware of. Thank you Jens for the comments and thank you all for your comments. Time to get singing and really get gung ho with this method that I'm using to do it!

Last week I quite literally for the life of me could not even approach a Bb4, not in the 2 or so years I've been singing on and off. I could never imagine how I would be able to do it. A couple simple conscious modifications to my technique, and now it's totally easy relative to what it was before.

Yeah thats the spirit! I really know where your comming from, when i started out i could go past E4 if it so where to save my life.

Several vocalcoaches even told me i would never be able to sing tenor and hit highnotes because My voice where to low(funny thing is i didnt have any lownotes either)and not flexible...But i really really wanted it, with that Said you can only improve from here.

Go at it, give it time to settle and you wont have trouble going even higher :)

Last week I quite literally for the life of me could not even approach a Bb4, not in the 2 or so years I've been singing on and off. I could never imagine how I would be able to do it. A couple simple conscious modifications to my technique, and now it's totally easy relative to what it was before.

First off, I wouldn't think of singing harder, just more intently or more with a focus to what the music means. Rather than hesitant and intermittent.

As you wrote, a few simple modifications to what you used to do and the note came forth, right? It sounds like you managed to get out of your own way. Often, we can sing, but how we usually approached sounds came from what we valued in speech and it usually holds us back. By changing what we do, we allow the note to happen, getting out of our own way.

Good luck and may the Force be with you, always.