New guy here, wanting to get some critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

Basically, I'm fronting a 90's cover band at the moment and would like to hear what other singers thought. My impressions aren't spot on, but let me know what you think? Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_b7lHGvlVI

Beware of middle age men with Justin Beiber haircuts and lip rings...

I think you sounded pretty good on all of them but especially doing Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains. Thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing more. If you sing any Judas Priest PLEASE post it. I'm a HUGE fan!

"GIDDYUP!"

I wanted to comment but since I don't know them, I was thinking these might be the actual singers.

Although I'm not familiar with how they sound I hear a very versatile and powerful voice - great work - great voice.

Thanos

Cool, thanks guys! I'm trying to work on more of that chesty scream Layne has. Mine's more of a vocal fry thing, I guess it works for now. I need to put a better Soundgarden clip on there, I can hit most of the notes Cornell does, but it's back to getting that chesty scream going...work in progress, lol.

@Snax...never tried Judas Priest, maybe I'll give it a shot.

yeas great performance!

But for me Layne Stanley and Chris Cornell screams are not "chesty" screams ;-). Listen to some accapela of Cornell on youtbe, jesus christ pose for example. Sometimes when he sing high notes you can clearly hear that the notes are starting from or falling back into head voice ;-)

But you're really close to it. And honestly as i said before i also really like your style of rasp. Different but really cool!

yeas great performance!

But for me Layne Stanley and Chris Cornell screams are not "chesty" screams ;-). Listen to some accapela of Cornell on youtbe, jesus christ pose for example. Sometimes when he sing high notes you can clearly hear that the notes are starting from or falling back into head voice ;-)

But you're really close to it. And honestly as i said before i also really like your style of rasp. Different but really cool!

Cool, thanks man! True about Cornell, he's got that very strong head tone. But if my ears aren't deceiving me, he's got that "rattle" effect going on as well. It's weird, I can do it easy in a lower pitch around maybe an F3 and take it up to almost middle C, but after that I lose it and go into that fry effect. Guess that's what practice is for, lol.