What Voice type do I have

• TMV World Member

Hi!

I'm new here so I'm sorry if I've done anything wrong. Either way, I just did a vocal range thing, and I went from C3 to a C6, but I managed to come up to E6+ but my voice got very squeaky. Many people have commented that I sing very high, and I really don't know what voice type I have. I have some trouble with singing very low, considering that my normal talking voice is low, but when singing high notes I don't have any problem at all, afterall, I prefer to do that.

I'd like to do whistle tones, but I think it's better that I know what voice type I have before I do so so I won't damage my voice. 

What do you think?

• TMV World Member
21 minutes ago, ronws said:

You have a high centered voice. Voice type is based on texture and range and is only suited for opera. If you are not being cast for a role in an opera, don't worry about it.

Oh I see. I can add an audio file of me singing these notes later, but thanks!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Softiey said:

Oh I see. I can add an audio file of me singing these notes later, but thanks!

Welcome!

Yes, you can paste in a link and the community and I will review it and give you feedback. 

Understand that you must do this in the "Review My Singing" forum. It is a paid service. Reviews are not free. Click on "premium membership plans" at the navigation menu at the top of the page. 

Please do not post your request for review here.

• TMV World Member
23 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Welcome!

Yes, you can paste in a link and the community and I will review it and give you feedback. 

Understand that you must do this in the "Review My Singing" forum. It is a paid service. Reviews are not free. Click on "premium membership plans" at the navigation menu at the top of the page. 

Please do not post your request for review here.

I won't.

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Softiey said:

I won't.

Softiey,

Welcome !

Kindly note that our membership plans are very reasonably priced.

Here's a direct link for your convenience : http://www.themodernvocalistworld.com/store/category/2-premium-membership-plans/

Respectfully,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Softiey, the reason that people want to hear you is that you cannot just type voice from reading printed words about your stated range.

For example, I am a light tenor but this was actually named for me by a classical coach I had consulted with. He had to hear me singing to make such a determination. No amount of written words on my part would help anything. 

But hearing me and hearing some of my more theatrical pieces, like "Heaven on their Minds," he could determine tenor and a light one, if he was casting me for a show. His creds? He has been teaching voice for as long as I have been alive and I am an old guy.