Sirens and progress

• TMV World Legacy Member

So after a long long while i returned to singing and even tough i sang this last year, i wasnt really practicing in a strickt sense of that word.

But some good things happened to my voice.

I will return to forum in pursuit of more vocal improvement.

I wanted to share a small clip of some sirens up to C#5 for your reviewing. I understand this is far from perfect but this is something i havent been able to do before.

https://app.box.com/s/xprqtqixm5zym91l4dxxenyr58ddi07d

I just wanted to know if im on the right track to gaining vocal range or am i just shooting in the dark.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Martin H said:

@Elvis  

Vocal range in regards to? Or more specifically, what are you trying to accomplish using those "sirens"? 

Bassically i want to know if this sounds "decent"...is this the sound that can grow..is this the right way of singung higher.

What im trying to do is add lyrics to this.. and it does work but is unstable.

In other words, would you say this is falsetto or full voice?

I cant explain it very well but i hope you ca  understand martin. 

2 hours ago, Martin H said:

Well, it does sound fine....what do you think and how does it feel? It would be best to include you singing a song or snippets from a song.

i dont have a clip of me trying to sing like this but i will try to do it tomorrow..

in the mean time ill present you this,,

https://app.box.com/s/gym1ltkfbpkfhuo4ml8071wpe7yyqfcf

this is a Rainbow - Temple of the king cover from 3 months ago...notice the A4 at the end and how bad it is...

at that time i couldnt do the sirens as you hear them now...thats why i am wondering do they sound Full and convincing

• Administrator

Hey Elvis, great to see you in here again... 

You have a sloppy, or no onset here.

Your siren is not a siren, it is a sweep... too fast to really get the most out of this. Doing fast sweeps does not give the body enough time to feel the "fluidity" of the respiration, compression, anchoring and acoustics to modify, etc...

... for a rock, metal scream its fine... for a training or technique demonstration or to get stronger for training, it needs to clean up.

The top of the note has too much compression... too much "quack mode"... trade some fold compression for more respiration (Bernoulli).

21 hours ago, Elvis said:

So after a long long while i returned to singing and even tough i sang this last year, i wasnt really practicing in a strickt sense of that word.

But some good things happened to my voice.

I will return to forum in pursuit of more vocal improvement.

I wanted to share a small clip of some sirens up to C#5 for your reviewing. I understand this is far from perfect but this is something i havent been able to do before.

https://app.box.com/s/xprqtqixm5zym91l4dxxenyr58ddi07d

I just wanted to know if im on the right track to gaining vocal range or am i just shooting in the dark.

Thanks!

Hi Elvis, good to see you back here man. I have to agree with Rob, you are doing this to fast. I liked the timbre for rock and hard rock songs. You have to pay attention when you descend, because it sounds you are flipping to falsetto, you can hear a click in all three attempts. The 2nd one is my favorite BTW. Keep on rocking!

54 minutes ago, Gneetapp said:

Hi Elvis, good to see you back here man. I have to agree with Rob, you are doing this to fast. I liked the timbre for rock and hard rock songs. You have to pay attention when you descend, because it sounds you are flipping to falsetto, you can hear a click in all three attempts. The 2nd one is my favorite BTW. Keep on rocking!

just the notion that i was in full voice to begin with is a big motivation to me...

+ i am really sick these days...sore trhorat, cough, and speaking way way low...i can sing down to C2 now xDD cuz of being sick ofc xD

thanks again..will try to record again