Chess - Anthem (karaoke)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys... Sorry for hogging up so much space :( This guy at the local pub started filming stuff and it's kinda nice to get to hear how you sound after a few cold ones :o

Anywho... Here I attempt Chess - Anthem.. I REALLY SUCK at the rhythm and you know.. Feeling the beat... BUUUUUUT.... Well.. No further excuses.. BLEH!!!

(sorry Ron, it's not Lorelei... Yet... :P)

I thought it sounded good. And it sounded good with syncopation. Syncopation is uneven movement from bar to bar. And you were in a bar, right? Sorry, that's an old music theory joke. It really sounded good and the audience seem to appreciate you more, this time.

Wow 0.0 I remember you having super dark hair, which gave you a Professor Snape ("Harry Potter") look. Now it's really blonde, what a change! You sang very well, for someone who'd been drinking. I also liked to see you interact with the crowd. You seemed pretty into what you were doing, and that was probably one of the things that made everyone respond so well to your performance.

[color=black][i]Stuff.[/i][/color]

Cool man! Besides an occasional pitchy note (it was live and you've had a few), it sounded very good. It's also funny to notice just how big a reaction you can get from a crowd with 2 things: High notes and violins. :) . The high notes being more important. High notes just seem to bring out reactions from the majority of people that lower notes don't quite do. Still, there are many other ways to get good reactions from people in music, than from high notes. But it's very cool to have them in your arsenal, something that Snejk seem to definitely have. Btw. your voice in the upper register is also very full and sounds great. Is there anything about your voice in particular that you'd like to change?

Thanks a bunch for the comments guys! Yeah somehow this song always gets alot of reactions even though I don't think the notes are so high... But yeah high notes really do touch a special place!! A year ago I had a big problem with 2 places in this song - I couldn't sing "I cross over borders but I'm still there now" without sing "stehll". Now I can sing the "ih" without the voice breaking and still have power!!! :D Also the last high part "how could I leave her - where would I start?" my voice would break 80% of the times I tried for the note and I had to overdrive it. Now I don't and it never cracks so I guess I'm doing something right!!! However it also makes it so that those "high notes" doesn't at all SOUND high...

There are alot of things I'd like to change... For example, when you have something as simple as a bass-line or a drum-beat, it's impossible to get off-rhythm. But in this song you only have the melodic sways of the background music and it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to feel the rhythm in my body even if I count inside, stomp my foot or whatever...!!! But I really need to fix this!!!

Also I think I'm looking for a smoother 'more professional'-sounding tone. I like my dynamics... The smooth and fragile light singing and then switching to a more powerful sound... However I think it sounds very... very amateurish... And since it's something that I guess takes time, I love to get started right away, perfecting a balanced and professional tone...

Haha, it's a tall order and sounds very pretentious I guess but.. Thanks for hearing me out!! xD