My cover of Journey's "Faithfully"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys, what's up? I've been a bit busy lately but I got a slight time off a couple of days ago and recorded my version of Journey's Faithfully. Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/daok2dza6a

Of course it doesn't touch Steve Perry but hopefully someone will like it or just tell me what he/she thinks of it. Peace, guys, and have a nice day!

jonpall.

Hello, Jonpall!

Your finest Journey effort so far in my opinion. Your voice sounded relaxed and free for the most part of the song. Only in the end it sounded a little constricted, but just a little and i think that was because you had to push more there. You are almost there.

Cheers!

It sounded great, to me. And I will be a bastard and dare you to like what you did. And don't care anymore if you are not satisfied with your own performance. It was fine and you can't shake me from that, no matter what you say. No matter how many "excuses" or various apologetics to say why this or that was so. If you think you can be more stubborn and resolute in a belief or standpoint than I am, "you've got another thing coming."

You have a voice that can do anything. I dare you to accept that. I double dare you. I triple dare you.

Thanks guys, that means a lot to me. I'm glad you like it. Ronws, I'm actually quite satisfied with this performance. But I couldn't have done it without posting all the other songs in the past and getting comments from you guys. I have been focusing a lot lately on improving in the areas that I've received comments on, f.ex. the balance between too much twang and too much dopyness, just to name of the many things. At least I thought that it's finally starting to come together for me. This song is difficult because it lies so much in the passagio. There are countless A4s, one C5 in "fall in love again", that I've always loved and then of course the part at the end which goes higher than C5 but is actually not the most difficult part. Thanks again.

In one hand i dont like your choked sound, I prefer the way you sang high in Bon Jove. It's up to you the way you choose.

In the other hand, you sound very very close to Perry, hmm....that was your purpose i guess.

What the next. Jonpall you have achieved sth i cant. One voice from C4 to C5, there is no break, one uniform sound. A little bit strained but a normal listener dosent hear it.

Interesting sound, even though I prefer your Bon Jovie then this. I have to say you are much better singer then I am.

Congrat bro :*

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

I see, jonpall. Well then, this song is a success for you, being something of a benchmark song for you that you have done well. We all have songs that we use test our skill and/or technique on. A benchmark with which to relate. Good for you.

Thanks guys. Devaitis, when I sing Journey songs, I'm not looking to sound like Perry but rather just like myself, with no rasp. When I sing Bon Jovi songs, I'm not trying to sound like Jon Bon Jovi but rather like myself WITH some rasp here and there.

The end was wussy!! Hehe, all that aside. I think you sang it very well. I would work on prounonciation a bit more, and I can hear your tone switching between registers. Take that chest voice up with you man! You're blending the 2 into the mix, but going a bit light on the chest voice as you ascend. I think you can still get a geniune sound on those high notes instead of giving up on them... Sounds good :)

The end was wussy!! Hehe, all that aside. I think you sang it very well. I would work on prounonciation a bit more, and I can hear your tone switching between registers. Take that chest voice up with you man! You're blending the 2 into the mix, but going a bit light on the chest voice as you ascend. I think you can still get a geniune sound on those high notes instead of giving up on them... Sounds good

Firstly. There will always be little difference between chest and mix. Often it is unnoticeable difference, but it exists.

Secondly. I have to disagree, I think Jonpall has great chest/head coordination, changing may broke the present tone.

Id like to suggest only experiment with tongue and palate to reduce chocked sound. But Jonpall is satisfaction now, no sense though.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Thanks guys. I do realize that my performance in this clip can of course be improved and I'm happy to receive any pointers, whether it's about possible improvements or just something that you like - or dislike. As of now, I'm allowing myself to be simply happy and satisfied and I'll continue to practise with my voice. Next I might do Don't stop believing or/and Highway to hell, just to practise different things. Cheers, guys!

Archived