Avantasia - I don't believe in your love

• TMV World Legacy Member

Just a short part.

First i wanted to record only Sammet's part but it would miss the magic without the beggining.

What do you think Am I Tenor ?

What can i do to sing it better? How it sounds ?

And sorry for the original track, I couldn't find instrumental anywhere.

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/71215401/file.html

Really impressive register, switching to sweet high end distortion as well as some really cool head voice.

The one critique I can give you is... You're not quite on pitch at all times, I think alot of the reason is that you're "throwing out" the notes, kinda... Work on getting the necessary control while still using the amazing raw power that you obviously have.

And about being a tenor.. Definitely. Probably not a lyrical tenor like Steve Perry but definitely a tenor nonetheless.

Keep on rockin' :D

You have a deeper voice than Sammet and the OP and this is just not in your voice ;)

It was about me ? ;D

Thanks for an advice. You're quite right on this throwing off notes, it's not an easy song. I definitely have to work on it

Im curious about my vocal fach cause i've heared alot of different opinions. It would be cool if someone is able to point if I am low tenor or standard one :)

No that was to rofleren ;D

Yeah, well don't focus too much on fach, I met a two true high tenors two nights ago during a singing competition, they both dished out crisp clear chesty "ee" (not modifying) vowels without any head on a tenor C. This is something a basso profundo will never be able to do for instance ;)

Personally I'd say you're a tenor and that should be enough ;) You've got alot of potential in the higher end and should be able to deliver some chesty high notes on narrow vowels without straining. Then, depending on what tone you want you can always do alot of vocal wizardry to attain it. Lowering the larynx for a chestier sound et cetera..

In general terms, tenor is approximately from C3 to C5 (american notation.) The different tessituras (texture or timbre descriptions) describe the "weight" of the voice. But that can also change from song to song. In this song submission, I would venture to say that it was dramatic tenor in presentation. And much of it hovering around A4 to B4, if my ears do not deceive me. Which is a tough area to sing.

Dramatic tenor might have more weight in the low end of the range. Lyric tenor has a stronger mid to high section. Leggiero has a lighter weight or sound to it. And some leggiero tenors actually range up to parts of the soprano range.

Rik Emmett from Triumph would be a leggiero tenor. Ronnie James Dio in his younger days would be a dramatic tenor. Geoff Tate sings mostly as a lyric tenor. At least that's my two cents.

Rofleren, you're pretty much the best singer on these boards -.- You have a deeper voice than Sammet and the OP and this is just not in your voice ;)

Haha, I am not sure I agree (I think of you as a better sing than me for example, from what I've heard.), but thank you! Though, I will not be happy before I can sing songs like this! High pitch distortion vocals, oh yeah!

Thanks for the kind words... :o You know, I am the same because I want to be able to sing everything that I like. Be it "Walk The Line" by Cash or Vitas opera... But at some point I also have to focus more on where I shine and what I feel happy about delivering.. Regardless of how much higher I can sing now compared to three years ago, I just want more, and more, and more.

But yeah, high pitch distortion, that you will surely learn NO problems! BUT I believe that it will be more boomy... For example you would probably have more of a "Jorn Lande" tone in your very high end simply because you have a very boomy sound in general.

Thanks for the kind words... :o You know, I am the same because I want to be able to sing everything that I like. Be it "Walk The Line" by Cash or Vitas opera... But at some point I also have to focus more on where I shine and what I feel happy about delivering.. Regardless of how much higher I can sing now compared to three years ago, I just want more, and more, and more.

But yeah, high pitch distortion, that you will surely learn NO problems! BUT I believe that it will be more boomy... For example you would probably have more of a "Jorn Lande" tone in your very high end simply because you have a very boomy sound in general.

Haha, same! I've tried a few times to sing the vitas opera, needless to say I failed.

Recently I've learned that I should sing more songs as in style of Bring him come, the live performance I did, since I am fairly good at that operatic/musical style. Though I had to bring it down a whole note, and that didn't please me a lot.

Can you tell me a little about your singing? I've been singing for three years (as you have?) and I guess I started being able to sing to like an E4, but shortly after a F4# which has been might the highest useable note in a loooong time. I've learned to produce notes that I've been told is curbing, from A4 to D5, but it doesn't sound good at all.

About the boomy high notes, if thats what I can do, that's what I'm gonna do :D as long im able to sing along with avantasia and bands alike. That is my biggest goal songwise. (I love Kiskes low notes)

Ooops.. Sorry for being on offtopic scorpione, this just caught my interest!

No problem. ;) Im happy that my thread is alive lol.

I used to have the same problem as you. I was singing jazz and musical stuff, had no clue how to sing rock or metal...

For example my old recording : http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/61281131/file.html

:)

Yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread scorpione ;) Feel free to join in, we've got cookies!

Rofleren; I basically started "singing" 5 years ago. I was down on my life's luck and as a last way out I figured I'd start "peoples high school" and there was one school that did not have any prereqs for entering singers.

Back then my highest note without cracking was D above middle-C, and that was a strained breathy note. I couldn't hear or keep pitch at all. It was basically the "first time I picked up the instrument and tried playing"

But it fueled a big passion and I came to love it. I learned overdrive, I did scales, choir and now I think my strongest suite is being on pitch.

A4 used to be a note I couldn't sing for the life of me! It would crack 95% of the time and when I got it out, doing some really hard overdrive, I would sit with a smile for the rest of the day. Now I can sing an A4 in regular voice without a problem.

So keep at it. Overdrive is really handy and would give you alot of power on those notes, however, it's not a very "operatic" way of singing but can have it's place in musicals.

I'm currently planning on developing a "boomier" sound as well (partly due to hearing you and how well you sound without winning points simply on high notes)

Keep at it!

Hey Scorpione! Could you please upload a version with your vocals only, or at least put them in a separate track? It would make it much easier to comment on your vocals:) It seems that you overload the mic quite a lot - your voice sounds quite distorted. Anyway, you have a perfect voice for this kind of music.

Snejk @ I was at my CVT teacher yesterday, and we worked on overdrive mostly, and I am going to exercise with mainly overdrive until I have something cool covered. When I was exercising with her, I sang like overdrive B's under tenor c. IN OVERDRIVE, BOOM!

Archived