Keith Goehner-Powerslave

• TMV World Legacy Member

I was asked to mix the backing tracks and vocals for Keith. Here's the finished mix. Hope you like it Keith... http://soundcloud.com/mike-bromelow/keith-powerslave

"GIDDYUP!"

Perfect end to the day. Mike is rocking Keith's take on some Maiden, and I am rocking the charcoal grill with some St. Louis cut pork spare ribs and some stuffed mushrooms.

I woke up with a horrific sore throat. Took a shower, drank some tea, did some soft excersizes, and then recorded this. I figure I'll be out of commission for a few days. Got a show Saturday so I hope I'm cleared up by then.

www.drop-head.com

Fantastic job Keith! There's very few places where it needs any work and I'm sure you already know which places those are. Basically the few times where you had to flip into falsetto to reach the note are the only minor negatives in a very emotive performance. Once you can get a handle on maintaining compression and adding more power to those awkward notes you will be amazing!!!!! You're already 95% there dude, and that was with a sore throat! :cool:

"GIDDYUP!"

I just noticed I clipped the backgound vocals or something. I think that it's mic mic cable, I buy the cheap ones at Guitar Center, but they don't last very long. Luckily. I have like 6 of them kicking around. Now, I'm so sick I can't talk - hope this crap is gone before Saturday, can't imagine singing a show like this.

www.drop-head.com

Cheer up, Keith. I've battling allergies all day, thanks to the change in weather. It almost felt like I had the cold. I was singing along with "Bohemian Rhaspody" on the radio. Usually, I will go ahead and nail the Roger Taylor note on "a devil to decide for me." But I left it alone for another day.

These afflictions will pass. Better to rest and absolutely rock it on another day. We have the rest of our lives, however long that is.

Archived