Two new songs

• TMV World Legacy Member

Ok, I pushed the envelope a little today. Two Clapton songs. The first one, "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" is pretty much how I sing it so it went in one take (actually both songs went in one take but the second didn't go as I usually sing it). The first song is a Freddie King song but a lot of people do it. I like Clapton's version (s) and kind of mix styles and play on lyrics. Plus I add my own spin of course.

The next song is "Running on Faith" by Eric Clapton (I love this song). I usually sing this good and it tends to be my big number but for some reason I sing it best at night. This version here (done in the daytime) didn't go over as well as usual. But hey...no excuses right!! The good with the bad.

Sorry for the poor production. These are both karaoke versions (music portion only, no lyrics) cut and pasted to a CD and played on a laptop sitting on my hall tree, in my living room, with a hand held camera filming and recording sound on my wall unit. :D It's the best I can do.

There is an uncomfortableness about not having a mic or stand. I tend to use my lef hand to keep a beat in my head (my right would hold the mic) but it starts to get pinned to my thigh. My wife has questioned me about that.

P.S.

This version of Running on Faith got me by surprise because the ending is longer than the original. I had to start to improvise and the pitch was a little different. So I was making it up as I went. There is a guitar solo in the ending of this version that isn't on the original or any other karaoke version I have sang to. I was like WTF? :D

Anyway, critique away!

http://youtu.be/SrtfNBISXKg

http://youtu.be/oLOt9xmFEQU

Tommy

Very bluesy, I liked them! You have a cool voice. I think it would sound even better if you add a bit of a vibrato, I'm not sure if Clapton sings with vibrato though :)

Vibrato? Not enough? I thought I added too much and was thinking of toning it down :D I seem to be adding vibrato to everything these days..lol. Trying to develop my own sound you know!

A work in progress ;)

Thanks Duchi, I really appreciate the comment.

Tommy

I think Duchi couldn't hear how fast your vibrato actually is. You have a fast vibrato, right at the folds. It is usually found in ska, reggae, calypso. As I have compared before, you have a vibrato like Colin Hayes from Men at Work.

Definitely, you have the blues feel and you are comfortable in front of the camera. And similar to what your teacher was saying in your other thread, I can see what she says about your breathing, though part of that is your general movement, your "stage" presence.

Good stuff.

I like your tone. And I like song's you have picked up. True, they are not techniqly demanding but they require a right feeling and you've given them that.

Just would be cool to hear that in better recorded version.

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thanks Daug. Yea, the lack of recording equipment ain't helpin' the sound of my vocals any! The music and vocals end up being very separate and sound like crap.

Well, that's my excuse anyway :D

Archived