GnR Pateince Cover

Rate this topic

With all the work outs I am doing, it doesn't leave leave much time for learning new songs lol. This one, although slightly easier than what I am used to, was a bear cause I have a slight cold - which you will hear at the end. Anywho, hope it's not a total let down lol.

~Keith

Listening back, I wish I could have twanged the high part at the end more, really doesn't sound great at all. I'll have to re do this one after this stupid cold goes away. :(

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11534020&q=hi&newref=1

Well done. This song really matches your voice and vice versa. IF you guys ever do cover tunes now and then, I would put this one in the set list, somewhere in the middle. About the time people need a potty break and yet, they want to stay and see if you can get that high note, which you can. It's a good song and you do it well.

Nice one! I really like your voice ALOT better in the lower register, it sounds more natural and more genuine ;) If you just worked on getting a bit more stability as it sounds a bit fragile and inconsistent, this would be truly awesome :3

Keep up the good work :}~

Very nicely done Keith, Talk about a whole different song and style at the 4 min mark and beyond. Now, what is your favorite style to sing? Nice and slow singing in the basement or wailing away up in the statosphere? I can hear you doing both.

Hey Kieth,

I don't know why, but soundclick is about the only file my job doesn't block. I was able to give this a listen.

I thought it was good, nice job man.

I think you sing really well and I've listened to other recordings of yours here. I've even gone back to older stuff. For me this was a bit different from what I've heard you do. Compared to your other stuff, this (to me) sounded like you were trying to imitate Axl Rose....actually you did a good job there. :) The end (high part) was very good, I really liked that. But the annunciation for the earlier parts was a little to Axl for me. Again "for me," which only comes down to guess that comes down to personal taste right? You sang it good bro, that's what counts. Nice job.

But what happened to the whistle? :/ :D

Tommy

Hey Kieth,

I don't know why, but soundclick is about the only file my job doesn't block. I was able to give this a listen.

I thought it was good. I think you sing really well and I've listened to other recordings of yours here. I've even gone back to older stuff. For me this was a bit different from what I've heard you do. Compared to your other stuff, this (to me) sounded like you were trying to imitate Axl Rose....actually you did a good job there. :) The end (high part) was very good, I really liked that. But the annunciation for the earlier parts was a little to Axl for me. Again "for me."

But I guess that comes down to personal taste right? You sang it good bro, that's what counts. Nice job.

But what happened to the whistle? :/ :D

Tommy

Funny story about the whistle.... I can't whistle by blowing air out, only sucking air in - and it dries my mouth and throat out to whistle lol, so I do not ever whistle.