They Call It Stormy Monday

:)

Really good man. Your voice is still open as usuall, but your interpretation is on another level, much more worked, discrete, lots of details and very clever use of the repeating phrases.

Dunno what your mixing was aiming for, but this sounds vintage, voice centered on mid/midhighs, noise, a very nice mood. I did hear some clipping (could be these crappy headphones Im using) and I also heard some mic noises on the beginning of the rec that surely are not required :P.

Good work! Keep it up :D.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thanks Felipe. I really appreciate your comments. As for the mixing. Well lets just say there is none!! I haven't a clue what I'm doing so I just hook up, sing save and post :D

I use audacity with a Lexicon interface and a shure SM 58 mic. I am in a small room in the house about 12 ft by 5 or 6 ft. I set the volume and then test a few notes by singing a line or two with music and I see if it's too loud or too low. When I find an acceptable level I turn and face into an open closet full of clothes and I sing into it.

Then I listen to it back and if I didn't make a mistake I save it and that's it. No effects, no mixing nothing. Sometimes...every once and awhile, for some reason a song comes out sounding too much treble. In that case I compress it and raise the base. But I really have no clue how to mix so I never do. Just record and post straight up .

And yes...I am famous for clipping and I've tried everything to stop it. It's not your headphones. I sing loud.

Basically what everyone is getting from me when I post a song is a live performance. :D

Thanks again man.

P.S

:)

Your voice is still open as usuall...

Is that good or bad ?

Oh its great! Sry, I was not clear. Open in the sense of freedom, not postures or technical blab.

Keep it up!

About the clipping, it acts as a poor mans compressor, anyway what you are doing is sounding good, and I have no doubts its 99% from what you are doing with your voice.

Cool, Mr Bluesman. Did you take a mixing course, Tommy? I think the sound quality is at another level, much better than before. You are born to sing the blues.

Mixing course? :o

Lol....it's hit or miss brother. Sometimes it's good and sometimes not. I have no control over the mix....just pokin' and hopin' I just sing em' and put em' out there and hope for the best :D

Thanks Olem