John Mayer's Why Georgia, my first singing!

• TMV World Legacy Member

I can't hear anything wrong with this. You do it very well. Play this at a party and you are likely to leave the phone number of a young lady. Or two. You have the perfect voice for this style, from what I can hear.

I think it was great. I would try to not push south air in the falsetto parts though . I think you are. Sacrificing too much tone. Maybe try and get a little more connected on those parts. My $.02

www.drop-head.com

I heard the same as Keith and thought that there was a lot of huffing on certain parts. "Huh Huh." Less toward the end. But then I thought it might be stylistic preference which I do sometimes to add a little texture or color. So maybe you wanted a softer airy tone in those areas. Nothing wrong with that. Personal preference. But in other parts it was a little breathy and tone was lost, as Keith said on the higher falsetto points. But I think that lack of air control may have made you go flat right around 57 seconds in, just for a moment. :)

Overall, I thought it was very good and it sounded great. If I heard you on stage doing that song I wouldn't think twice about any flaws. It was definitely sell-able and it sounded like your own song.

Thanks for your advices. Any tips on getting more 'connected' falsetto sound? I've tried used the ducks sound, the quaaaaakk, to get a twangy sound, but it feels weird haha. Mayer seems much more in control on his level of connectivity, any tips for reaching that level of control? Thanks again!

Man I think I love you!

Great playing. Takamine - yes my love too. What model is it?

I don't like airy falsetto however it is my preference only. Sounds really cool! You are truly musician.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach