Please rate my vocal

• TMV World Legacy Member

"Santa Monica" - very good song, great emotion. I can hear your accent in the consonants. Your d's and t's are hard. Also the way you pronounce "excuses." Your s's at the end of a word are harder than how americans pronounce it, usually as kind of a z sound.

"A Day to Be Alone" - another good song. A little bit of Tool, a little bit of Shine Down, a little bit of Puddle of Mud, with a slightly Johnny Reznik sound from the Goo Goo Dolls. Quite a mix of sounds, at least for what I can hear. If this is an original, record it, release it, it will be a money-maker.

"On a Plain" - definitely channelling some Kurt Cobain.

"Broken" - love the bass guitar in this one. A softer version of Stone Temple Pilots. You got a nice, full, yet laconic feel on this, not too far from how Scott Weiland presents an emotion.

"Are You Gonna Go my Way" - definitely a Goo Goo Dolls feel to this one.

"Heart-shaped Box" - Nirvana cover - One of the best recordings of the lot. Elemental, clean. I like it better than the original. Then, again, I never liked the sound ideal of grunge. It's funny how Kurt eschewed the idea of anything "commercial" yet he wrote in 3 chords and simple melodies that many could sing along to. The rest was sound effect.

Anyway, good stuff, all of it. The other songs that I did not comment on were also good, I just didn't feel moved to comment on them, good or bad. They are good songs. Just didn't grab my attention like these did.

Oh, very-very-very big thanx for your answer. I'll try to work on all of your remarks. Now about the songs. It's not my song, or rather, some completely not mine, but I took from other texts and arranged it by my own way. Exactly that songs i called "Cover" in that list.

Theory Of A Deadman - Santa Monica

One Less Reason - A Day To Be Alone

Nirvana - On A Plain

Selena Gomez - Love You Like A Love Song (Cover)

Smokie - What Can I Do (Cover)

Seether- Broken (Cover)

Foo Fighters - Walk (Cover)

White Stripes - We're Going To Be Friends (Cover)

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (Cover)

Nirvana - Heart Shape Box

Also, i recorded new cover on Eddie Vedder song. Very interest your opinions. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Good stuff guys, very nice sound. I'm sorry, I don't know modern rock very well. I assume this is an orginal. It is written very well. It sounds pretty good for your "kitchen studio". I listened to it 3 times. :) Keep them coming