"This Night" [youtube]

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi.

I'm new to this board, never found an active board about singing - so i hope i will enjoy my stay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6a-iZM9xE

This is the latest song i've recorded. Please tell me what you think about it!!!

Greets

Pretty good, but from the small video size, I thought you were wearing a blouse, lol.

You get some reaaly good resonance out of those notes you hold, but you might want to work a little bit more on the dynamics, the sustain is nice, but add softness and volume dynamics with your voice. But good job!

for an example on what I mean, check out one of the masters.

In a song with more sparse vocal melodies, there has to be a lot of dynamic to the vocals in order to compensate, but I think you still did a fine job on most of it!

i'm wearing a linen :)

thank you for your replies

the song is based on one-chord, it's quite a simple song... i too think there should be more dynamics. I will work on that on the next song, this song is finished. :)

Very nice.

Anyone watch a football game? The new round of Premier League start.I really like Roma. I am a loyal Roma fans. Design [url=http://authenticsoccerjersey.org/as-roma-c-59_60.html]Roma shirts[/url] also looks good.

Didnt like it man. Sorry.

Cant understand anything you are singing. Technically the voice is too low and constricted, it can be much more open and full. Lower its sounding better and more comfortable.

Since its your material, I advice working more into that part where your voice is more effective right now, and do try to work to get the words more defined, even the vowels are sounding almost all the same...

Hope it helps, GL!

Rabbitfollows, Are your lyrics complete on this song or are you just working on a possible melody for the song? I guess I thought you were kind of working out what might be the melodic line of the song might sound like; I didn't really pick up any particular lyrics. I do like the general feel of the song.

Steve

Here is the lyric

"i met you in the wild night

where all is slumber and all is fright

i saw you through my glas

i took you under a deranged setting

but never set my love on fire

you don't know what love is"

yes... also, people around me that has listened to this song had a hard time hearing the words, so i need to better myself on that.

i hadn't time to re-record this, and the project ain't saved since i reinstalled windows to windows 8 try-out version. so i can't change anything.