Rate my voice and check out this cover!

• TMV World Legacy Member

and can someone reply, ive posted like 3 times and I dont think anyone has seen it yet cause all the posts around mine are getting replies but mine arent.

There isn't much to say really. Not because it's bad...it isn't...but because imo it is an incomplete product. You aren't sure of the words, you just sort of threw the whole ting together, you coughed during the performance. :)

So I think you have more potential than whet you are giving us here.

Your voice is nice (to me) and has a nice tone. You were pretty on pitch so that is good. But your diction was muddy. You are not pronouncing the words clearly. Some will say the song was too breathy, but I am not one of those breathy voice haters :D At times I like breathyness to add texture and this song sounds like it fits. However it could use a bit more color or variance in the lines.

Your voice isn't bad. But your singing can use improvement to bring out the best of that nice tone of yours. I would suggest that you learn a song well and then record it, with no mistakes. That way everyone can take it more seriously and critique it properly.

Not a bad job though for what it was. :)

It is a guitar work than a vocal work so that noone may interest with it. if you sing this song in orginal tune(you sang it in very comfortable zone), people probably talk about your diaphram technique, tone, your higher notes etc.

anyway it sound good to me as a "cover". you sound like "kings of convience".

Sounded ok to me but like Tommy said send something that you are confident singing. Then someone will be able to suggest things.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

The song sounded fine to me but I don't know how the original goes. It's a different style than I listen to or what I sing so just about anything I would say would be stylistic rather than a critique of any singing defect on your part.

And I am king of crappy takes. But yeah, re-do it without the cough. Which is a performance pointer, rather than a singing pointer. True, it doesn't seem fair if someone picks on just that one point and thinks it ruins the whole thing. Live, it wouldn't matter. Recording wise, people seem to appreciate more care to show your seriousness.

There are times when I recorded a take. And tried several successive times to re-do it, getting worse, mainly more tense, with each pass. So, I collapse the program. Go do some dishes, feed the dog, go to the store, whatever. Come back to it fresh. Because I am a one-take singer. My first take is usually the best. But I, too, have waited patiently until the right take comes along. Like a surfer waiting for the right set of waves. And usually, that means practicing the song more before I even record, rather than trying to fix it while I am recording.

Which is different than other people's work ethic, in some ways. But not so different in taking better care to make it right the first time. Felipe raised a good point in his thread on recording. If the performance is right, the recording is secondary.

Your singing sounds okay, though rather soft, a lot of air but, for all I know, this song may originally have the whispery sound. Which might be a quality of the original singer, rather than what the song requires. I don't know. Would singing with a more solid tone and less audible air ruin this song? I don't know. I'm not saying to sing it like Ronnie James Dio, though that would be neat, as an exercise, too.

You sound on pitch, which is probably the most important thing. So, you're off to a good running start, recording issues aside.