Sergio Calafiura - The Next Bruno Mars / Jeff Buckley! A Great Singer!

• Administrator

Here is my friend and TVS Certified Instructor Sergio Calafiura from Cagliari, Italy singing a Depech Mode tribute. It is quite excellent.

Love the, rich, "Theatery" low notes... and gorgeous bridging and M2 singing... Like Bruno Mars or Jeff Buckley.... Gorgeous. Ill be teaching with Sergio from November 24th & 25th. Anyone in Europe, especially Italy contact me or Sergio!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuN_HhzI2f4

• 4 months later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

Second video says "does not exist." ?

Beautiful arrangement on "Enjoy the Silence." And it makes sense that he would sing it softer, consider the softer soundscape of a piano-only arrangement. I had grown so used to the original recording, which sounded more belty, to me.

I like the lullaby effect (macabre, though it may be,) of the whole thing. And this is what I call a real cover of a song. Doing it in your own voice and style, rather than just mimicking the original. A hue of darkness in this one and I don't mean the sound of the voice so much as the whole effect. The original was quite poppy and a major dance song hit. This is more melancholy and reflective. Like how Johnny Cash brought a whole new interpretation to "Hurt" by NIN.