Epic Power Metal Collab 'Heathen Fortress'

• TMV World Legacy Member

So I did the keys/key solo bass vocals on this here, mixed and recorded. My friend wrote the song and played the guitars/guitar solo.

Let me know what you think of it.

https://soundcloud.com/#garric-shipp/heathen-fortress-demo

[i changed link since I removed it from my soundcloud]

I don't know, Adon. I think you hired Bruce to sing this for you and then you took the credit. :)

Serisously, I could hear some Bruce-like timbre in there. Good job. I can't think of anything you did wrong or needs improvement. So, what are you doing here?

Thanks guys! I didn't think the vocals were really in need of critique, but the song can be reviewed of course. I was just kinda proud of finishing this, so I posted it.:D

-Yea those maiden covers lol. I referred to myself as doing a 'low dickinson' here lol... Considering I'm more low-baritone or something than tenor, but I do the style rather well, and am getting more comfortable with holding my voice that high.

what are you doing here?

What do you mean? lol

What do you mean? lol

You should be on tour or making an album, or both. At the least, put together a band and get into whatever local festivals support heavy metal and hard rock music.

Heck, book a gig at a bar mitzvah. Or a Quinceannera.

A Quinceañera? haha, I would love to have gigs at those places, but certainly nobody there would want to hear metal of any kind! It's hard to start a band where I'm at. This power metal project is having a hard time starting up too. So far it's just my friend and I, looking for a drummer and bassist but no luck yet.

I'm on an album now, but it's not released yet and I only sing on three songs.It's a sort of dark avant-garde dissonant acoustic style. Hard to explain really.

I wasn't sure you knew what Quinceanera meant? I thought I was shooting over your head.

For those who don't know, Quinceanera is the coming of age or debutante party in mexican culture. When young lady turns 15, she is introduced to society as an eligible young woman. Like the american "Sweet 16."

I've been to one, at the Longhorn Ball Room, in Dallas. Though our friends' daughter waited until she was 16 because she wanted to be a little more americanized, like her friends.

Lol no I got it. I don't think it's quite the place for any of the styles I do. Maybe if I did a Mariachi project? Hmmm... that gives me some ideas.

Perhaps, metal mariachi?

"solo rainbow en oscuro ...."

And it's cousin, punk polka?

" Ich bin der anti-christ" oomp-ah, oomp-ah ....

Or big band. I do have a Sinatra tune that I ran through the grinder of debauchery. Can't really repeat that, here.

I have also mangled "La Cuceracha" and "O Sole Mio" in both Spanish and English.

E = mc2

And Einstein stole that from his wife, who went to the same university and actually attended classes and graduated. She solved Newton's kinetic energy equation of KE = 1/2 (m*v^2), because the action of the nucleus of an atom resolves the fraction. And since the velocity involved is known, c, which equals the speed of light, replaces the general variable of v. Many people think this formula equates mass to energy. It does not. It describe the energy inherent in the kinetic energy in a mass.

This has been redneck physics with ronws .....

:P

• 3 weeks later...