The Beginning Cover (Tone Alteration Critique Needed!)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I've been trying to sing and cover a lot of stuff by a band by the name of ONE OK ROCK recently. I can hit the notes fine and stuff but I'm not satisfied with my tone. So I decided to post here to ask whether there's anything I can improve my tone to do the original singer more justice.

First here's a clip of me singing (don't mind the crappy guitar and stuff)

And here's the original:

Any other critique is greatly appreciated!

What I try to do is read the words as if I were actually saying this to some one. Think of the emotion involved.

Remember the last time you actually had to say to someone. "I've done all I can for you and you still treat me like &^%$. Well I've had enough." Pi$$ed off or frustrated. You do not say it soft and week. You say it loud and strong. Sing this loud and strong.

I am not a teacher just another singer trying to improve also.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Lord_Adōn and MDEW : Yeah I was kinda holding back in that recording as it was late into the night. I should know better than to show a clip that I'm not singing fully in, I'll record another one soon and maybe it will add more strength to it :P. However even when I sing with emotion and strength the tone isn't too far from this recording.

JustinOthersinger : Hello, thank you for your post! It was very informative and I feel a bit more learned! I've been trying the "H" aspiration thing, but I'm not sure whether I'm doing it correctly. Perhaps you could send me a short audio clip of how it's supposed to sound like?

Thanks!

David : Remove my clip? It's still there... Unless SoundCloud is being an assh.

Update; I redid the whole thing HERE

I wasn't holding back this time. I do have problems with my low head voice notes. Them being very vulnerable and therefore I have to be gentle which ends up making it sound weak. What exercises should I do to strengthen them?

Also sorry for the messy tempo and guitar, I did everything on the iOS version of GarageBand ^-^"