What needs major improvement in my singing?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello dear forum

I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some feedback on my singing.

I know it's not sounding very good... but in would like to know what needs improvements, like tone or pitch or strenght or etc...

So I would appreciate it if you would take the time and kinda help me out...

Thanks in advance

Demo: (Original: Supersonic by Oasis) http://safepolarbears.be/chordfish/demo.mp3

what I noticed is that you were not singing but talking, I think that you must first of all feel the music, did you hear the backgroud ? its a very loud music, you need to follow the spirit,

for the technique you wait for the professors lol

When singing in the speach range it is hard break the speaking patterns. You still need to use good support and closure to maintain consistancy.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I am not the best one to help you. But I have been in your shoes and am still learning.

Singing does take energy and their is emotional content to concider.

I would try singing something higher than your speaking range. The last clip was also lower than your speaking range or same as your speaking range.

The reason for singing something higher than speaking range is to break away from speaking habits.

My own opinion is that the control in singing would be compared to controlling your voice when you are in an emotional state and you do not want be overly loud. Which also brings in another aspect of singing. Singing is loud. You want people to hear you. Even when you are singing a soft, low phrase it is still powerful and controlled.

They call the control "Support".

With any luck one of the other members here will chime in and give better advice because I am not a teacher or coach. I am just someone who enjoys singing and I too am still learning.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

knack took a listen man. Right now does not sound good.

The main problem is that your intensity and timmings are off. So your voice is being produced low, airy and without energy. From this a lot of problems follow but this is the main issue. You seem to have a notion of relative pitch but your voice simply isnt following what you want.

You have a lot of work ahead, so well, good instruction and hard work is the way to go. GL and keep sending material as you train :)

Thank you :)

so what excercises should I do?

I was thinking about this schedule every day: 10 mins pitching (on piano), 10 mins scaling, on mmh or something (on piano) and 10 mins just singing the songs?

would that do?

I'm also having a private lesson next week