Please Critique Me (Thanks)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have recorded me singing a clip of a song and I would like people to please critique me. In version 1 of it, I am trying to control my voice. In version 2, I am letting loose and just singing in my "natural" voice. Please listen to both and tell me what you think about them. Thanks. :)

Version 1:

https://www.box.com/s/389cb1lj2oz5ifvdmk6a

Version2:

https://www.box.com/s/7wqomgby2m12tppa7j3a

There is a lot of potential there. You have a good sence of pitch. You have a pleasant sound to your voice.

Keep singing. The more you sing the better you will get to know what your voice can do.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Too nasal. let the sound come out of your mouth, instead of your nostrils.

On both versions.

The problem (or challenge) is that I used to sing a lot when I was a kid. But when I was 10, I had cancer that affected my ear, nose, and throat. And since then my voice is nasal in general (singing or not). It takes a lot of effort to sing (or talk) and not sound nasal. I have heard of a man named Roger Burley who has been able to work with people who've also experienced medical conditions that affect their ear, nose, and throat, and he said he has been able to get them singing again. Guess I'll just have to keep practicing until I can afford a professional coach like Roger Burley.:rolleyes:

Wow, you've had cancer and have come out the other side confident enough to sing, what an inspiration!

You have a lovely tone but need to work on pitching and control, please keep going, until you can afford a vocal coach you might find it useful to download some singing tutorials like Brett Manning.

Mack