Crimson Moon

• TMV World Legacy Member

I would have put more time into polishing this up but unfortunately this very talented composer was quite non responsive and took over 3 months to contact me and thank me for the effort and unfortunately he didn't seem to appreciate my vision of his composition. In fact, I don't even think he commented on the lyric.:rolleyes:

But anyway, it was a lot of fun to work on!:D And I'd appreciate a critique, and I will admit right away that I didn't put any effect on the vocals.:rolleyes: Thank you for your time.:)

Alas, it looks like they removed my version of this song from the kompoz site. If you're still interested in hearing it, here's a fresh link for you.;) BTW...Wish I could give proper credit to this extremely talented composer, I think he went by the name ILLE or something like that, I think that's close anyway.:|

Thanks for listening. :cool::D:cool:

https://copy.com/OSrhTGSuoacP

Hope it's alright if I post the lyric here. I could post a link to another site that has the lyric but I doubt if that's allowed so here's the lyric...

Title: Crimson Moon

© All Rights Reserved, 2012

Edward B. Millican III

Crimson Moon

1st Verse:

You don’t want to go out the night

when the Crimson Moon howls.

You may scoff at the wolfs’ bite,

and heed not the cry of the owl.

Chorus:

But they hear

your heart beating with fright

They smell your fear,

keep away from the children of the night.

2nd Verse:

SPOKEN:

If you see them,

run!

But it’ll do you little good.

You must not have understood.

Pre-Chorus:

Your only chance

to avoid the Reapers’ dance,

heed my advice;

when the time comes,

lock your doors and hide!

Chorus:

For they taste the air;

your sent in the pale moon light.

They will take you unaware!

Stay away from the children of the night.

Bridge:

I see the world through carnivore eyes.

Tearin’ at my flesh when the Blood Moon’s high.

No idea where I’ll wake up,

when comes the morning light!

Chorus:

We hear your

heart beating with fright

We shall spread the terror!

Beware, we are the children of the night.

Outro:

SPOKEN:

Heed my warning.

The wolf suffers no fools.

Take it from one who knows.

On the night of the Crimson Moon,

no matter what you do,

stay in doors.

Ed

I liked the song idea. But I have become leary of these online collab invitations. Especially when I ask business questions. Like, is the song going to be released? What kind of contract? If I provide lyrics, I should get credit and some copyright, as well. As well as mechanical rights for each recording made. etc. And never hear from them, again.

Methinks there are some people on the net who have "issues." And I am only one of them . :lol: :lol:

You've got a nice range. Your low stuff was shaky in the beginning but you relaxed, later on, which would have been my one suggestion.

Anyway, I liked it. Kind of a male version of Tarja from Nightwish.

Thanks, Ron! :0 ) I'm glad you liked it and I definitely appreciate the Nightwish compliment as well as the compliment on my range!:cool: Much obliged for the very encouraging words!:cool::D

Were you referring to when I sang the first lines of the song when you said my voice was shaky?

That was actually my least favorite part of my vocals.:|

Ed

OK, then I definitely agree with you. The vocals were shaky and the pitch wasn't even that good originally. I think I Vvocaled it and that made it sound even shakier.:rolleyes:

BTW...I'm going to be away from my PC for a couple of weeks so if I don't answer back to anyone's comments, that's the reason why.;) Thanks again for your input!:)

Ed

Yeah, whatever shakiness you had in the beginning was gone, later on. Me, I've been bad about being pitchy when launching into the first chorus on a song and being tight the rest of the way. It happens.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm BACK!:D

Thanks for the comment, Adon. :)

Does that mean you didn't like it?

I guess that makes me either a cheater or too honest!:lol:

Seriously, unlike the collab with Andy, this one was a complete LEAP OF FAITH. I could have rerecorded that one part but by that time, I had put a great deal of work into it and to be perfectly honest, I was getting sick of working on it!LOL Especially when I had no contact with the composer at that time and didn't even know if he'd like it and it turned out that he didn't really care for it. Fortunately I liked it and others have too, so it was not a complete waste of time. Plus, I try to hold on to the belief that it can never be a waste of time if I'm spending it doing something I LOVE!:0 )

Ed

• 6 months later...

Alas, it looks like they removed my version of this song from this site. If you're still interested in hearing it, here's a fresh link for you.;) BTW...Wish I could give proper credit to this extremely talented composer, I think he went by the name ILLE or something like that, I think that's close anyway.:|

Thanks for listening. :cool::D:cool:

https://copy.com/OSrhTGSuoacP

Hope it's alright if I post the lyric here. I could post a link to another site that has the lyric but I doubt if that's allowed so here's lyric...

Title: Crimson Moon

© All Rights Reserved, 2012

Edward B. Millican III

Crimson Moon

1st Verse:

You don’t want to go out the night

when the Crimson Moon howls.

You may scoff at the wolfs’ bite,

and heed not the cry of the owl.

Chorus:

But they hear

your heart beating with fright

They smell your fear,

keep away from the children of the night.

2nd Verse:

SPOKEN:

If you see them,

run!

But it’ll do you little good.

You must not have understood.

Pre-Chorus:

Your only chance

to avoid the Reapers’ dance,

heed my advice;

when the time comes,

lock your doors and hide!

Chorus:

For they taste the air;

your sent in the pale moon light.

They will take you unaware!

Stay away from the children of the night.

Bridge:

I see the world through carnivore eyes.

Tearin’ at my flesh when the Blood Moon’s high.

No idea where I’ll wake up,

when comes the morning light!

Chorus:

We hear your

heart beating with fright

We shall spread the terror!

Beware, we are the children of the night.

Outro:

SPOKEN:

Heed my warning.

The wolf suffers no fools.

Take it from one who knows.

On the night of the Crimson Moon,

no matter what you do,

stay in doors.

Ed