Children of the Damned - Full Song

Rate this topic

Hey there,

So here you go. A full recording of the song. Interestingly, there are spots where I easily hit the high B’s, but there are places with constriction. At times it sounds cool because of the creaky presence, but obviously I could need some correcting on that.

Also, I sometimes sound a little, muffled, like I hold back, along with some off-pitch moments. The final time I sing ‘Children of the Damned’ is actually pretty relaxed, powerful and well pronounced (with the E6 and added vocal fry, me experimenting my whistle voice).

There are timing issues too, but the band wasn’t so steady at places to begin with.

On to take 2, but maybe you hear other stuff I could work on.

:cool:

Sincerely,

Manolito

Most people that do an E6 can't use it much but it kinda sounded cool in this.

I have done a C6 in full voice but not very often. Depends on the song and the feeling.

Anyway, sounded like you were having fun and good for you, because of that.

What method do you use? Because in the methods and system I use, that would only work counterproductive.

CVT: I could open up more, I have too much ‘hold’ [Curbing], while I could project more straightforward [Overdrive].

SLS/SS: My larynx position is too high, I need to lower it [this seems counterproductive according to other systems, though; namely EVT and CVT]. I spread my vowels way too much. I’m pulling up chest, need to find another approach.

EVT:

I could use some neck anchoring for a more balanced sound.

My AES is too much at work, causing constriction.

High larynx is good, but I could retract more, and balance the usage of my CT and TA muscles better. I have control over my tilt (TA) because of the well done vibrato, but I might tilt my CT more.

I could work on experimenting with a thin and thick vocal folds configuration.

I think the high notes sound better than the low notes... Overall, you did a great job though. Much better than I could do. Just remember, the low notes are just as important as the high notes. I wish I could sing that high! lol

Do you mean the first verse? Because after that, you could say I’m only in a high range (E4-B4 and in the end E5 (up to E6)).

My last verse (bridge?) is pretty weak. The interjections after the solo were tougher than I expected. I was left with few energy for the last verse.

manolito - you sound much older than you look on your avatar! Nice work! That's got to be a fatiguing song to sing. You held it together and were able to produce that nice vibrato even on the highest notes, which is a good sign. Sometimes the high notes sounded a little squeezed where if you backed off a little it may help reduce fatigue.