Creedance clearwater revival - Fortunate son

• TMV World Legacy Member

I think john Fogerty is an underrated singer.......This whole tune sits around G4-A4 throughout,

Also a great song to work on grit/vocal distortion.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12475424

Lemme know what you think :)

www.soundclick.com/chavie

This is G4 to A4 ? Why aren't you straining ? Just kiddin'

This piece suits your voice like a glove and it sounds so damn effortless I would have

never guessed it was that high. I don't have any words man, I love the twang in your voice,

the ever so slight "covered" sound, it's just perfect.

How much time did you spend working on it, especially compression and support-wise ?

Cheers,

Thanasis

A good job.

But it does sounds a little too high for you, as there is no light and shade.

Why not take it down a tad and give yourself some room for more fun - all the best, Jim.

Chavie, I tried to imagine you singing this before I gave a listen. You usually have a bright almost thin sound to your songs. I imagined a headier sound.

I was pleasantly suprised by the thickness of your voice in this. Near perfection. :)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Of course, you're not going to sound like John Fogerty. And you did great on this song. One of my faves of theirs. That and "Run Through the Jungle," which they always dedicate to veterans, especially vets from the Viet Nam War, when and for whom the song was written.

Nothing I can think of to improve.

And don't worry, I get comments that my voice doesn't match a song, either. But, like you, I will sing a song, anyway, just because I like the song.

More power to you, brother from the Great White North.