A Woman Ought to Know Her Place

• TMV World Legacy Member

Awesome, as usual. And about durn time we had another Martin vid. Some might say, "how can you tell that was Martin?" The nose. It's the same as your nose in your avatar pic. But excellent costume, though. Well, that, and of course, the signature voice.

Marting - Excellent job as always. How long does it take you to learn a new part with all the songs for a show like this? And do you ever have any nights that are better / worse? Or are you pretty consistent with all performances?

Thanks a lot Geno. :)

It's hard to say really, besides the songs there's also all the lines. I would say it takes a little less than a month. My voice also has to get used to the new coordinations as well because I rarely use my "natural" voice. This is also why I'm a kind of "technique freak" because I have to manipulate a lot and still be healthy. But it gives you more opportunities to play different characters when you know how to do this. Of course I have bad days as well but I've never "crashed" totally.....yet. ;) I would say I'm pretty consistent, but I also don't take parts I know my voice can't handle. Also in theater there's a saying that: It's only a mistake IF you show it's a mistake. :)

Thanks a lot Geno. :)

It's hard to say really, besides the songs there's also all the lines. I would say it takes a little less than a month. My voice also has to get used to the new coordinations as well because I rarely use my "natural" voice. This is also why I'm a kind of "technique freak" because I have to manipulate a lot and still be healthy. But it gives you more opportunities to play different characters when you know how to do this. Of course I have bad days as well but I've never "crashed" totally.....yet. ;) I would say I'm pretty consistent, but I also don't take parts I know my voice can't handle. Also in theater there's a saying that: It's only a mistake IF you show it's a mistake. :)

What would your natural voice sound like? Do you have some favorite singers that have influenced your natural style?

Also in theater there's a saying that: It's only a mistake IF you show it's a mistake. :)

Yes, yes, yes. One does NOT stop and say oops when live. Blend it, make it work.

Geno,

Well, I would say that the parts from Evita is most likely my "voice". My all time favorite is Freddie, always has been and always will be. :)

Martin - If I remember correctly I really liked the Evita performance you showed us. I beleive that was the one where you had some cool overdirve tones. And I assume you're talking about Freddie Mercury?

Martin, Did you get your singing training along with Acting or did you have seperate training?

It seems that Actors have a different view of singing than Musician/singers.

I was also wondering if they approach training differently.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."