My tribute to Phil Everly

Rate this topic

I guess nobody remembers the Everly Brothers. Thats a shame. Their harmonies and style influenced a lot of artists.

They were a big influence on The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel just to name a few.

I had not even thought of that song for 20+ years. When I heard about Phils passing that was the first song that popped into my head.

I wanted to do something to pay tribute to him. "Crying in the Rain" seemed appropriate.

I played the Guitar and sang the lead together while recording, adding the harmony later. It took several tries to get it to where it is now. With my equipment there is no "punching in" to fix errors you have to record the entire thing over for each screw up. :P After a while good enough is good enough. At least when you just want to get the song out there quick. :)

To hear how it sounds when done by a master look up "Every Brothers" on youtube.

Of course I remember the Everly Brothers. "Wake up Little Suzy" and "Dead Man's Curve." And Don's daughter, Erin, was the inspiration for "Sweet Child of Mine" when Axl and she were together.

I liked your voice on this song. Good stuff.

Slight pitchyness in places, but overall it's pretty good man. Your voice keeps getting better and better. You should be happy with the progress you have made so far. I wish i progressed as fast as you.

Thanks Keith.

I had to rerecord the song several times before I even got close to being on pitch. I sang it from memory and kind of guessed at the melody and then reworked that for the harmony.

My rendition does not come close to the Everly Brothers but they were a big influence on me.