Major Tom - David Bowie

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounding good Ronws. That always seemed a little too complicated for me. I would have had to brake it up and learn it as 3 or 4 different songs.

You flowed pretty easy from one segment into another. I liked the Vibrato in the beginning.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Sounds awesome Ronws! Its neat hearing a truly "unplugged" version of this. Almost sounds like the version a wistful Major Tom would do after he realizes he might have no chance of ever going back to Earth. Pitch was spot on all around and recording sounds good.

BTW I think this song is actually called "Space Oddity". :) but its all good. That David Bowie Bing Crosby Duet I posted I did in the other thread really must have stuck with you lol!

Thanks guys. And you're right, Eric. It is "Space Oddity." A glaring mistake on my part. I have always thought of it as "Major Tom."

Just like, I used to think that song by Green Day was "Time of our Lives" only to find it had the incongruous title of "Good Riddance," primarily because Billy has to reject everything, including his own more noble and divine feelings.

Its okay Ron! I still pronounced Epiphone like "Epiphany" up until 5 years ago. :lol:

I also used to think that song by The Who was called "Teenage Wasteland" but it really was "Baba O' Reilly", but I guess thats understandable hahaha.

It is no wonder that some songs never made to the top 10. Millions of people call in for a song Titled "Major Tom". DJ sais "sorry there is no "Major Tom" in my list"..........

John Denver wrote Annies' Song...... There is no mention of Annie in the song.

Whatever the name is, you did a good job on this. I am not as good as others in pointing out things to improve on, but I do believe that with you exploring your lower notes your whole voice is improving.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Yeah, I liked Ronws! Good job man! You seemed very much in control of your voice 95% of the song. And I liked the way you never go into "yelling mode" (as I still do very often), and keep it light. Cheers, and Keep on Rocking man! :cool: