Bring me your daughter - Iron Maiden cover

• TMV World Legacy Member
Hi Folks.. 
I feel confident to take on monstrously tough songs..This song is one of my favorite Iron Maiden songs.. Any comments/suggestions on improving the song will be appreciated.. I feel my hard work is beginning to pay off.... I hope I have been able to capture the energy of the song in my interpretation.. 

I bought the Four Pillars program earlier in the week.   I am really excited to see what tips/tools I can learn..  :)  :) 

I don't have any technical critique. You have good pitch and emotion.

And that is the weird thing about doing covers. I am just mindful, more recently, that some covers I do, while I can technically do them and certainly have the range, may not always be the best choice for my voice.

I think it would be cool to hear you do this after some work with 4 Pillars.

In the same breath, I think you have a narrow tone, like I have. I bet you could rock the snot out of "Fight the Good Fight" by Triumph, if you are so inclined,

Interesting that you should say that Ron.  I always wonder what defines the "right songs" for a voice.  Is it the timbre or is it something else.  I sing songs that I love to sing, but ultimately it is upto the audience whether they like it or not, irrespective of whether the song was delivered technically perfectly.   

Thank you for sharing the link... I definitely want to try this song, but I would've never identified this voice style with mine.. I think I have a deeper voice, and so am intrigued as to how I will sound singing this.. At the moment, I don't even know what is my style.. I just keep experimenting singing really diverse styles....I plan to do some pop next time and I do sing traditional Indian music reasonably well.. What do I sound best singing? I have absolutely no idea.. 

What areas do you think a training program like Pillars will help address?  There is so much I don't know about singing, so perhaps you can be specific about what I need to expect, it will be great. 

I could be wrong about what songs might work for your voice and I could certainly be wrong about saying that you should try to match songs to your voice.

I think 4 Pillars is going to help iron out the passagio places for you, basically to create a seamless motion from bottom to top.

Aravind, after listening to this song I thought your voice/timbre was perfect for this genre of Metal and Hard Rock. Really nice! Keep on rocking!  ^_^

Thanks.. I now feel motivated to try "Hallowed be thy name"!!